Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jp Enterprises' Rocky Mountain 3-Gun

It's official Dan. Had Denise switch me over to heavies. My new gat came in and it shoots terrific. JP makes a hell of a rifle!

Yeah, but now they are down there moving the targets out even further. :roflol:

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rules question for the match directors.

Rule 6.c. includes the following statement, applicable to Limited/Tactical rifle, "Only traditional double stack mags allowed". This would pretty much rule out the surefire 60 & 100 round magazines that exceed the "double stack" criteria in the rule. Does "traditional" include any length double stack mag?

Correct, traditional double stack mags only, no length restrictions.

jj

Good time to run my 55 round Higher Capacity magazine...is a traditional magazine but real long. Thanks Bill!

Dang, I had to use my 500yd hold to hit the ABC he put out last local match. Any harder and he's gonna ask us to thread a needle... in Oklahoma! Well if I can't hit em with this new LRP-07, I'm gonna need a laser guided smart bomb. Only bad thing about nice new, high end equipment... no excuses left.

Rules question for the match directors.

Rule 6.c. includes the following statement, applicable to Limited/Tactical rifle, "Only traditional double stack mags allowed". This would pretty much rule out the surefire 60 & 100 round magazines that exceed the "double stack" criteria in the rule. Does "traditional" include any length double stack mag?

Correct, traditional double stack mags only, no length restrictions.

jj

Good time to run my 55 round Higher Capacity magazine...is a traditional magazine but real long. Thanks Bill!

Open has no mag restrictions Scott...so are you shooting Limited now?

JJ

Time to get this party started! :)

Just finished up putting the last few evil touches on the last stages to be set up. I think Denise & I will need to change our phone numbers after everyone shoots this match... :)

Round counts have changed a small amount, maybe 10%, so err to have more ammo than less.

About 100 each, rifle, pistol, shotgun targets.

There are 55 rifle steel targets from 100-600 yards. The rest are paper targets. Offhand and unusual rests will be the norm.

There are 40ish pistol steel from 20-60 yards, the rest are paper targets. Don't expect all run and hose, there is some thou.

There are about 15 slug gongs from 35-99 yards, the rest are steel and clays. Expect to see flying clays and some other "different" targets.

Also we will have the longest scored shot (that we know of) in 3gun, a 50 caliber rifle shot out to 1400 yards.

Bottom line is expect to be taken out of your comfort zone, expect ALL of your 3 gunnin abilities to be tested, and most of all, to have the mostest fun shooting 3 gun ever in God's Country!

And its the JP Rocky Mountain 3Gun's 10th anniversary!

See everyone in a week!

jj

Edited by RiggerJJ

Just finished up putting the last few evil touches on the last stages to be set up. I think Denise & I will need to change our phone numbers after everyone shoots this match... :)

Round counts have changed a small amount, maybe 10%, so err to have more ammo than less.

There are 55 rifle steel targets from 100-600 yards. The rest are paper targets. Offhand and unusual rests will be the norm.

There are 40ish pistol steel from 20-60 yards, the rest are paper targets. Don't expect all run and hose, there is some thou.

There are about 15 slug gongs from 35-99 yards, the rest are steel and clays. Expect to see flying clays and some other "different" targets.

Also we will have the longest scored shot (that we know of) in 3gun, a 50 caliber rifle shot out to 1400 yards.

Bottom line is expect to be taken out of your comfort zone, expect ALL of your 3 gunnin abilities to be tested, and most of all, to have the mostest fun shooting 3 gun ever!

See everyone in a week!

jj

That would be my perfect match set-up, so insert a photo of my crying face for missing it for nursing leasons

See everyone in a week!

jj

We're shooting the buffalo from the welcome center?

JJ, having no oxygen makes 300 yards from a bench out of our comfort zone. :roflol: Well, us low landers anyway.

Looking forward to the match. Sick match director and range master, get to see my distant friends, which include said match director and range master, and shoot in absolute beautiful surroundings, what can be better? :cheers:

Bottom line is expect to be taken out of your comfort zone, expect ALL of your 3 gunnin abilities to be tested, and most of all, to have the mostest fun shooting 3 gun ever!

See everyone in a week!

jj

That would be my perfect match set-up, so insert a photo of my crying face for missing it for nursing leasons

Jamie,

You just get your better half all fixed up and ready for next year. We will miss both your smiling faces!

jj

Edited by RiggerJJ

See everyone in a week!

jj

We're shooting the buffalo from the welcome center?

JJ, having no oxygen makes 300 yards from a bench out of our comfort zone. :roflol: Well, us low landers anyway.

Looking forward to the match. Sick match director and range master, get to see my distant friends, which include said match director and range master, and shoot in absolute beautiful surroundings, what can be better? :cheers:

Thought for sure you would mention something about having enough ammo... :roflol:

Not shooting the buffalo with the 50, its too big a target and its only 1200 yards or so... :devil:

But JP will be shooting the HEART of the buffalo (which does self indicate) with his new demo rifles in the side match...What better way to have a side match, using someone else's guns and ammo? AND be able to win MONEY! :cheers:

jj

See everyone in a week!

jj

Jamie,

You just get your better half all fixed up and ready for next year. We will miss both your smiling faces!

jj

Thanks

Edited by AlamoShooter

Bottom line is expect to be taken out of your comfort zone, expect ALL of your 3 gunnin abilities to be tested, and most of all, to have the mostest fun shooting 3 gun ever in God's Country!

And its the JP Rocky Mountain 3Gun's 10th anniversary!

See everyone in a week!

jj

Dang I knew I should have shot open instead Of heavy.

Not sure what yall are worried about (Jesse and TXMXRacer). If you have been before, you know that the rifle steel is placed by me, (an iron shooter AND HeMan shooter) so the shots are very doable. I try to stick to the 4MOA guidline. SHUCKS, I don't wanna miss either! :)

There is just a bunch of shooting to do, rifle AND pistol AND shotgun. We arn't satisfied with just one stage with long rifle shots in an entire match, soooo.... :)

I guarantee you will have the time of yer shootin life...

jj

Not sure what yall are worried about (Jesse and TXMXRacer). If you have been before, you know that the rifle steel is placed by me, (an iron shooter AND HeMan shooter) so the shots are very doable. I try to stick to the 4MOA guidline. SHUCKS, I don't wanna miss either! :)

There is just a bunch of shooting to do, rifle AND pistol AND shotgun. We arn't satisfied with just one stage with long rifle shots in an entire match, soooo.... :)

jj

Long pistol steel likes to be shot with a dot. Lots of .308 cuts into my beer money.

Long pistol steel likes to be shot with a dot. Lots of .308 cuts into my beer money.

The long pistol steel is big, even us older guys hit it with ancient 1911's. If .308 is cutting into your beer money, you best have a long talk with your sponsor! :roflol:

jj

I always do JJ. Thanks for your hard work.

shane

Are surefire 60 rounders allowed in tactical? Also, are arredondo basepads allowed on 30 rounders?

No, on the Surefire 60 rounders in Tactical(We call it Limited). Only in Open.

Arredondo basepads on 30 rounders are fine!

See you soon!

Denise

Edited by Benelli Chick

Are surefire 60 rounders allowed in tactical? Also, are arredondo basepads allowed on 30 rounders?

No. Yes.

From the Rules: 6. Limited(Tactical) Classes

c. No rifle external supporting devices are allowed in this class. (i.e. bipods,

vertical foregrips that are rested on ground or props, cinched mags or

mag pads/additions designed to enlarge the footprint of a single mag that

are rested on the ground or props)

There are NO “beta/C” or drum mags allowed in this class. Only

traditional double stack mags allowed. (Cinched mags must be offset a

minimum of 2 inches to avoid being considered an external supporting

device.)

One Week to Go before I load up the 4Runner and head North.

The problem with the 4Runner is I want to load it with all kinds of extra ammo! It really is a truck. More rounds down range = more fun right?

Heading to the range tomorrow!

We'll try to keep up with e-mails and Enos, but it won't be as fast!

Think we have a kickin' match for you! :devil:

We'll see you all soon! Registration is from noon to about 1700 in the Coors Cabin on August 8. There will be late registration Thursday morning at 0600 same place! Shooter's Briefing is at 0645 Thursday, August 9 ay Coors. We plan to do something special for the 10 year veterans, so please plan to be there! (I know some of you think sleeping in is more fun, but shooting when it's cool is more fun to me...AND...you don't want to be shooting in the dark unless you're at the Crimson Trace match! :roflol: )

Early/Staff shoot - registration will be at Coors at 0630 on August 7. We'll get everyone their stuff AND have our shooter's briefing before we go out and shoot! It looks like this is going to be a big shoot this year, but we've got some plans to make it go easier!

Weather forecast looks like low 90's all the way. It usually cools down pretty well at night!

We're excited to see you all! As JJ says, "Bring your A-game"...and lots of ammo! :ph34r:

Denise