Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jp Enterprises' Rocky Mountain 3-Gun

Bummer I have not heard the Back up story!!!

J-ho hmmmm :eatdrink: well Luke Did get his permit yesterday and I do Have a Japanese car.

J-Ho might be the man for the job!!! :ph34r:

NOT!!

Can't wait! Luke Might even Be Driving this year!!!!!!!!:surprise: he will be getting a permit,,, real soon!!

J Ho could probably give him some good hands on parking lessons. :roflol:

Didn't J-Ho have skid plates on the top of the roll bar on his Jeep? :blink:

Edited by Dan Sierpina

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a reminder, don't mean to be cranky, but with a waitlist of over 70 still, there are NO WALK ONS!!!! (Going to be cranky about that! Not fair to the waitlist people.) :angry2:

That being said, the match is shaping up! We've had some help this year, so the stages are mostly on the ground and they will be challenging! :devil:

Remember, rifle sling, no buck shot! (See post #178 for target counts etc.)

Check-In from 1200-1700 Wednesday, August 8. The early/staff shoot will be August 7-8.

Shooter's briefing 0645 on Thursday, August 9. We'd like ALL our 10 year vets to be at the Shooter's Briefing as we plan to take pictures! We have some surprises for you!

We're heading to the range in a couple weeks!!!

See you all soon! :wub:

Denise

Edited by Benelli Chick

J-ho hmmmm :eatdrink: well Luke Did get his permit yesterday and I do Have a Japanese car.

NOT!!

Can't wait! Luke Might even Be Driving this year!!!!!!!!:surprise: he will be getting a permit,,, real soon!!

No I don't. However I think having skid plates on top is a sign you're having a lot of fun ;)

J-Ho,,,, your safe!!! Luke Drove the other day,,, he did fine,,, My hair did not get any grayER.. Don't know about the backing up lessons,,,,

Just a few more weeks,,, for " THE BIG ONE"

Can''t wait!

NOT!!

No I don't. However I think having skid plates on top is a sign you're having a lot of fun ;)

I'm gonna try. The rifle I shot at CO State and HeMan Nats was a loaner M1A. I loved it so much, my buddy had to threaten me with physical harm to get it back from me. If the new rifle gets here in time for me to get it ready, I'd really like to shoot this match in HeMan Scope. I'm at 10 weeks and 2 days on the order. If they don't call soon, it may be cutting things too close to run the new LRP in the big match. I need time to do the barrel break in, run ladders, make ammo, install and zero glass, set the gas block and practice.

I'm gonna try. The rifle I shot at CO State and HeMan Nats was a loaner M1A. I loved it so much, my buddy had to threaten me with physical harm to get it back from me. If the new rifle gets here in time for me to get it ready, I'd really like to shoot this match in HeMan Scope. I'm at 10 weeks and 2 days on the order. If they don't call soon, it may be cutting things too close to run the new LRP in the big match. I need time to do the barrel break in, run ladders, make ammo, install and zero glass, set the gas block and practice.

You GAMER!!!! :roflol:

After the He Man, I looked for a scope mount for my M1A. I found a non-side mount for it, and have to shoot it out to 300 yards, which is as far as I have out here. I really enjoyed the He Man and will dabble in it from time to time.

I'm shooting Tac Optics this time, I need all the help I can get. :lol:

Edited by Dan Sierpina

Yeah, I'm a gamer. I can live with that. I shot CO state in HM as a last minute division change, just to keep HM open for a buddy of mine. I didn't expect to do well and was pleased to find I was competitive in the division. Likewise, I was pleased to find I was actually competitive at HeMan Nats. I like Tac Optics, but with all of the 3GN focus on that division, you simply disappear in to obscurity, if you are not one of the top guys. I enjoyed shooting HM at the other two matches so much, I thought I'd give it a try at RM3G as well. Besides, the Whittington Center cries out for big guns.

The rifle I borrowed was a custom built LRB with a Krieger Match Barrel, and thier proprietary scope rail reciever. It shot outstanding in both irons and scoped divisions. It was kinda fun bing the only guy at HM Nats with a scoped M1A.

Kind of funny,, all the Tac Optic 3GN,,,

Shoot what you want,, I have shot all but OPEN,,,

Most of US do this for fun,:cheers:

at the end of the day. Fun to run with the Big Dogs. But Be real!

as for Gamer!! we are all Gamers!:surprise:

I get a good Laugh, everytime I hear someone say " Gamer" with that negitive tone. once a wile I'll ask,, are you,, Mil?,,, LE?,,, X-Box Commando! :devil:

Can't wait for this match!!!!!!! I think of this as a true 3 Gun match as all 3 System capabilities are, pushed.

Thank you. JJ!!!

I'll be Cussing you at some point,:ph34r: ,,, but in a good way! :bow:

Yeah, I'm a gamer. I can live with that. I shot CO state in HM as a last minute division change, just to keep HM open for a buddy of mine. I didn't expect to do well and was pleased to find I was competitive in the division. Likewise, I was pleased to find I was actually competitive at HeMan Nats. I like Tac Optics, but with all of the 3GN focus on that division, you simply disappear in to obscurity, if you are not one of the top guys. I enjoyed shooting HM at the other two matches so much, I thought I'd give it a try at RM3G as well. Besides, the Whittington Center cries out for big guns.

The rifle I borrowed was a custom built LRB with a Krieger Match Barrel, and thier proprietary scope rail reciever. It shot outstanding in both irons and scoped divisions. It was kinda fun bing the only guy at HM Nats with a scoped M1A.

Back in April when I was getting ready for CO State, I started shooting that borrowed LRB M1a. I was fortunate that my buddy had 5 rifles all configured slightly differently (3 SA's and 2 LRB's). He let me pick and choose to build the best "gamer" platform. I ended up with his high end LRB with M25 receiver and Kreiger barrel. I ditched the fiberglass GI stock and installed the SA black polymer unit with the non slip, rubber butt pad. I installed a threaded front sight base and a thunder comp too. After tuning the comp and installing a hooded rear sight (drilled to .070" on Pat's recommendation), the rifle was dialed for fun. It was relatively light weight and the stock was very slim up front, allowing me to wrap my hand around when the throttle's down. The trigger on that rifle is outstanding and it is sub moa with even surplus FMJ ammo. It had been a while since I had run 308 and I had forgotten how much fun it is. Especially in a well tuned rifle.

For HM Nats I mounted up my Meopta, zeroed at 250yds and stuffed extra mags in my pockets. The rifle ran awesome! I had already ordered the JP rifle but HM Nats confirmed that I now have an extreme interest in the division(s). My buddy has since returned the M1a to it's original configuration claiming that he just had to "un-uglify it" (true story). It seems that milspec is beautifull. I must have missed the memo. I can't afford to shoot HM all the time, but the fun factor of running 308 is just too good to ignore. Also, I usually use my 40sw limited race gun in tac optics. To be honest though, I actually enjoy shooting my good ol single stack more. Any excuse I can find to run my trusty old 45 is a good thing. I'm still a gamer with the throttle pinned. I just like the thump of the 308. Besides, with the 308 in hand... you get respect just for showing up. B)

Edited by co-exprs

I get a good Laugh, everytime I hear someone say " Gamer" with that negitive tone. once a wile I'll ask,, are you,, Mil?,,, LE?,,, X-Box Commando! :devil:

Can't wait for this match!!!!!!! I think of this as a true 3 Gun match as all 3 System capabilities are, pushed.

Thank you. JJ!!!

Jim,

You know, I do get a little help... :)

jj

Edited by RiggerJJ

JJ you mean like,,, Satans little helpers opps,,, I mean Santas little helpers :roflol:

Thank you. JJ!!!

Jim,

You know, I do get a little help... :)

jj

Rules question for the match directors.

Rule 6.c. includes the following statement, applicable to Limited/Tactical rifle, "Only traditional double stack mags allowed". This would pretty much rule out the surefire 60 & 100 round magazines that exceed the "double stack" criteria in the rule. Does "traditional" include any length double stack mag?

Rules question for the match directors.

Rule 6.c. includes the following statement, applicable to Limited/Tactical rifle, "Only traditional double stack mags allowed". This would pretty much rule out the surefire 60 & 100 round magazines that exceed the "double stack" criteria in the rule. Does "traditional" include any length double stack mag?

Correct, traditional double stack mags only, no length restrictions.

jj

Thanks for the kind notes and emails. My wife broke both her ankels one had two hrs of surgury today. And that went well but the recovery will be long. I have a photo of the xrays on facebook. Its very ugely

You won't have to tell her twice ever again! I hope she heals up fast so she can get back in the kitchen.

You will be missed man!

Thanks for the kind notes and emails. My wife broke both her ankels one had two hrs of surgury today. And that went well but the recovery will be long. I have a photo of the xrays on facebook. Its very ugely

Jamie,

That's not good news. I hope she recovers quickly and totally. Prayers for you wife. Your presence will be missed.

Jamie,

You didn't have to throw your wife off a cliff to avoid cleaning the bird...poop off the picnic tables!!!

Now, I'm going to have to find someone else!

Tell her I'm sorry I caused all this pain!!! :devil:

Seriously, tell her to feel better fast!

:wub: We will miss you both!

Denise