Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

benelli vs remington vs sx2

Big Rick

Hey, I've been beating this around for awhile which gun to buy or the best one right out of the box for three gun. I'am looking at the benelli practical, remington competition master and Winchester SX2 MKII. I think I'am going with the benelli it's just I don't like the front sight (would rather have fiber optics) and the tube only holds 9 rounds. double down said they make a 10 rounder any suggestion would help steer me in the right direction. I would like to get it right the first time.

I think I'am going with the benelli it's just I don't like the front sight (would rather have fiber optics)

Which sight system do you want to use?

Many of them are an easy do it yourself project with basic hand tools and a few minutes of your time. If it's a more complex job there's a couple guys on this forum that could probably take care of you.

I recently purchased a benelli M-4 for three gun shooting. With the extended tube I can load 7 in the tube, 1 in the chamber, and one on the loading ramp for a total of 9. If I had it to do all over again, I would probably go with the Winchester X2. The shop I frequent has a remington competition master and I am not impressed with it. I like a short shot gun and I think it is just too long. As for the frint sight on the benelli, it is easy to change. There is only a nut holding it on and so far I have had no problems with sight accusition. They are pretty easy to see.

I think the universal opinion on the Remmys is that they work most of the time. It's hard to be impressed with the quality. The only reason I bought one is because the local hot rock can really reload his Remmy and I'd like to learn the technique he uses and apply it.

Having Benny work over a Benelli knock-off might be the way to go.

Well, I made a choice, this has been driving me insane for a couple of months now and it just had to be done today or I was going to need a straight jacket. it's the benelli M1 practical ordered it no turning back now hope it was the right choice. I talk to Bevin Gram afterwards he said he would have chose the M1 field and modified it for different porting and sight mounts. so if I want to go another route all I'll lose is the barrel.

THanks Big Rick

For Limited, I think that the Browning Gold is the heat. The auto load feature is phenominal and their built tough. However, I love my 1100 and the barrel and mag tube swap to go from Open to Limited/Tactical is great!

Rich

That's alright, now you can be like me and start your collection of Benelli barrels. I don't have a Benelli shotgun, I have a Benelli shooting system. Change the barrel, stock, and magazine tube to fit my needs in a matter of minutes.

Benny,

Is Jeffs match back on ????????

If so we have not lost £1500 in cancelled airfares and can re shedule !! :)

There is nothing on the match forum, is this hot off the press ??

Let us know soonest !

Cheers

I'm in Cody Wy at the moment on a job assignment for another few weeks....the locals here favor a dark one called Moose Drool! Ever here of that one? Benny - Send me your addy on a pm and I'll try to get a 6-pak headed your way! You can furnish the pizza. BTW....are you headed to Area 4?

• 3 weeks later...