Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 MGM Ironman

Mike,

Really??? Shoot both? The moto of the MGM Iron-Man was "You get to shoot as much as you want...then you have 9 more stages!" but with the new stages you are only shooting about 800 rounds if you don't miss! Unless you are either #1. sponsored by an ammo company or #2. just love pulling the handle on the Dillon or #3. never miss :roflol: then you will find the challenge of just one of these matches enough! If you just want the challenge then shoot Trooper division where you have to carry all of the ammo and all related gear from stage to stage for the 3 days...I believe this is crossing the fine line between being hard vs being stupid :P

Name you own poison,

Sincerely,

Busyhawk

PS: Of course you can always shoot one match and then RO the second match like I do...of course this is also crossing the line between hard and stupid too!

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sponsored but a get a healthy allotment of ammo. I figured I could just take a week and shoot about 2k. I am planning to try 4 or 5 majors next season. Thought it would be fun to shoot twice. I think I will pass on trooper. I will most likely shoot heavy if I can get in.

Not sponsored but a get a healthy allotment of ammo. I figured I could just take a week and shoot about 2k. I am planning to try 4 or 5 majors next season. Thought it would be fun to shoot twice. I think I will pass on trooper. I will most likely shoot heavy if I can get in.

Last year there were a few of us that shot both matches. It was a bit of a last minute thing. Travis filled from the wait list on both matches individually before he let anyone in to both. You can try, but I wouldn't count on any open spots this year. And speaking as someone who shot Trooper/Scoped Tactical and a side match at the end. I hurt for about a month afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...

What are the qualifications for the pro match for the individual shooter? This question may have already been asked but I didn't see it.

Thanks

It's not a Pro Am this year. I tried to talk Travis into it but he's a bit of a sissy (just kidding Trav!) Just sign up for the Division you want to shoot and have fun.

When are the applications going to be available and will shooters that have shot Ironman before (the last 6 yeears) get prior notice?

Travis already sent out an email to the early registration folks. If you think you should have been on that list you might want to hit him up. travis@mgmtargets.com

So here is the criteria for early registration. You have to have shot the last two years consecutively (this means 2012 would be your third year in a row) or you have to have shot five other years. Sorry fellas but this is the system I'm using to reward the guys who were shooting the match before it got famous...or infamous. Take your pick.

Adios

TG

• 2 weeks later...

Travis,

Sent a Q on the ironman homepage, but haven't received word yet...I'm looking at taking the sponsor spot for Brownells since Larry can't attend, but I would like to know if I can shoot 5.45x39 and meet mins or if not, if 7.62x39 is considered heavy. All I saw was categorization by diameter on the site, so I was looking for some clarification...it wouldn't be the first time reading something wrong.

In either cal, it would be hornady ammo with no steel in the projectile.