Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ tactical sport

Jody Waring

Just curious what weight everyone is using, and with what load. I find the spring in my new TS to be very heavy and have no idea what weight it would be. I was going to order some spares but not sure what weight I should use. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

The stock recoil spring on the TS is a 14lb spring. I've stuck with one so far. I've got a couple of 13lb springs, but haven't tried them yet. I've heard some folks talking about using 11's or 12's, but I don't have any experience with those.

I was thinking mine might be heavier as it seems to have quite a bit of heft to it. I put a 11 pound in to try, but I think that's way too light. I suppose one could simply use what 1911 shooters are using in the same caliber for a reference? 13-14 is likely what should be used.

• 3 months later...

Hello

I am using CZ - angus suplied 15 LB springs and when I wanted something "heavier" I used the 17LB. Then I wanted to reduce the recoil and bought recoil system from DPM for CZ-TS and one from sprinco, just in case the DPM will not fit.

Both ( DPM and SPINCO) working fine, you actually insert it in your recoil spring

Edited by asimonp79

• 2 months later...

I have been using a 15 lb recoil spring with the steel guide rod with no problems in thousands of rounds of 168 Pf major. Recently I tried an 11 lb recoil spring with the steel guide rod, and major load. I shot about 200 rounds at the range and took my slide off to see what effect it had on the recoil buffer. The new recoil buffer fell out in 3 pieces. I went back to the 15 lb spring and have had no issues. Just my experience.

For what it's worth my TS shredded buffers with the stock recoil spring. It also didn't run reliably, so I chunked the buffer. I'm still using the stock spring. I replace it at the beginning of each season.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

I use the stock 15 pound spring for .40 major. There is quite a lot of muzzle flip. The cases also eject very far. The buffer gets hammered and needs regular replacing.

All of these things are pointing me to try a heavier recoil spring. I have a 16 and an 18 pound on order (takes a while to get stuff here in South Africa).

Personally, I believe that if a buffer is shredded quickly it's definitely not a sign that you should chuck it. It's a strong indication that it's saving your gun from taking a serious beating. If anything, it shows you definitely need it.

• 2 weeks later...