Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Federal Bulk Pack, Yikes!

cajun0007

I've had issues with cheap ammo, but I have to wonder, and I'm being serious here, why does the stuff work great at practice, and then always take a dump on us on match day. I know everyone will say "murphys law" and stuff like that. But seriously, why do they always dump us like a date at the prom on match day?????

That's for the new Glock shotgun

You mean the one that has the funky feeling stock thats at the wrong angle?? :sight:

Edited by tnek

I'm assuming that your lifter has been welded up?I was having the exact same problem after mine was welded. I put a 10* bend on the tip of the lifter per a thread by KurtM. Runs 100% now. The welded lifter is longer and was pushing the nose of the shells too high.

Same here. Fixed my welded-up lifter by bending the lip and all the feeding problems went away. In fact, my M2 is now more reliable than even my Glock 34, which very rarely stovepipes a case.

I use ONLY Federal Walmart shells, without any trouble at all.

You mean the one that has the funky feeling stock thats at the wrong angle?? :sight:

No no no. It is ergonomically designed and points naturally ;)

oh ya and it's perfection

Went and shot 180 skeet yesterday and a buddy had a 50cal ammo can full of cheap walmart winchester, federal, and remington shells. I was surprised that my Remmy 1100 ate every single one without one failure. And I didn't clean it before either.

What is the procedure for bending the lip on the lifter?

Thanks

Here's where I got the info from...

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=124211

Mine has a touch more than an 8* bend.

I bent mine a little bit at a time till I could not even manually hand induce the problem.

Runs perfect now and all I have run in matches since has been Fed bulk.

No no no. It is ergonomically designed and points naturally ;)

oh ya and it's perfection

Sounds like a "environmentally friendly Solyndra " shotgun. Does it have a solar panel? :roflol:

I get most of my shells from WalMart in 100 round value packs too. My M2 only likes the Remingtons. It does NOT like the Winchester or Federal. I've come across some shells from Remington's value pack with mangled hulls like the original poster showed. I'm going to try a little tweak to the front of the lifter like someone suggested.

I have had the exact same thing happen... I also have a problem with the crimp ballooning on the federal shells... I've switched to Winchester from Walmart...

Funny, I took the Winchester Walmart ammo to my first big match, and it wouldn't run- in my 870. I ended up shooting a Benelli. I've heard of some others having the same problem with that ammo and an 870.

I have had the exact same thing happen... I also have a problem with the crimp ballooning on the federal shells... I've switched to Winchester from Walmart...

Funny, I took the Winchester Walmart ammo to my first big match, and it wouldn't run- in my 870. I ended up shooting a Benelli. I've heard of some others having the same problem with that ammo and an 870.

Yes, that I have seen myself. We had to keep using the butt stroke method to eject them, we stopped before we tore a chunk out of a rim and tied the gun up for the day.