Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Really wanted a 21", but found a deal on a 24" M2

RAZZ

I have a 24" M2 and my buddy has a 21" M2. We were handing them and doing some exercises and I must admit, the 21" is easier to swing and feels good. However, I still like my 24" better and I think with more practice, I can swing it just as well as the 21". Mine also feels better in the recoil department - again, not much but I can tell the difference.

I think you will be fine with it, just practice...

I ordered a 21", then found a 24" locally. I forgot to cancel the 21" order. When it came in, I couldn't keep both so I kept the 21" and sold the 24". It was a 50/50 deal - only reason I chose the 21" was it did swing a little faster, but all in all there really wasn't much of a difference. Benny is exactly right. I ended up adding a +6 on my 21", which made it just as long as the 24".

OK, well that was a little impulsive of me. My new 24" M2 is headed my way. So for Tac Optics I want the +6 extension so I can top off after the start (if allowed), right?

Edited by RAZZ

Yes. The Nordic one is just short of flush with the barrel.

I was in the same boat. 24 now or 21 "whenever they come in"

Took the 24 and I love it. I don't test it side by side with a 21 so I don't notice any difference :rolleyes:

You won't regret it

Edited by Surge

Nice. So tactical start capacity with an empty chamber. The Multigun I've been to several times allows a charged, on safe start. Is an empty chamber a common requirement at other shoots?

Some matches say "9 round max in the gun at start", so if you have a +6 tube on a Benelli M1/M2 (factory tube capacity is 3), you can have 8 in the tube and 1 in the pipe at the buzzer. If you have to make a couple of steps to get into a shooting position you will have time to add the extra round to the mag. On some stages, it could help. Other matches will dictate that the maximum capacity of tactical/limited shotguns be 9 rounds. In that case, you plug your tube to hold 8 max. Depending on the stage description, in many matches you may be required to start with an empty gun, empty chamber or whatever else the stage designer wants.

Hurley

Am I going to be disappointed? Is there any reason not to go with a 24"

I wanted a 21 but found a great deal on a 24 and I am quite happy. The M2 is so light its a real change from the M4 I used to use. Another advantage of the 24 is at matches where they don't follow standard rules you can load more ammo. I shoot some matches where they let you load the gun as full as you want in limited/tactical so I load up 10 rounds.

pat

I shoot a 26" and the only time I notice how long it is, is if I see a video of me shooting, then I say "good lord look at that giant thing! (and the shotgun's not small either!)"

Edited by cas

I like and have a 24" while brother has a 21", the 24" with a +4" Briley barrel extension can also be used for clays and hunting, so can be dual or triple purpose. The only time the 24" seems a bit long is when held next to the 21" model.