Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Postal match times?

steel1212

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One club fessed up on the IDPA Forum that they couldn't accomplish the simple task of sending in the correct file. Ted is apparently working with them.

It is passed the 8th which was the deadline. I think we had the same problems last year with past deadline entries. Jane really did make it easy to load the file.

One club fessed up on the IDPA Forum that they couldn't accomplish the simple task of sending in the correct file. Ted is apparently working with them.

It is passed the 8th which was the deadline. I think we had the same problems last year with past deadline entries. Jane really did make it easy to load the file.

I thought it was quite idiot-proof. Seems like Ted posted the results one year right after midnight. I'm sure they were ready.

The results were to be posted 5:00 PM EST tonight. The previous incarnation of the web page had that time on it, somehow I managed to remove when I redid the web page. I cannot do a midnight posting anymore because of my job; I got to bed at 20:00 hrs.

Anyway... The results are up now. The problem with the one club did not hold things up. They inadvertently sent me the file from last year, it was an easy fix.

http://www.idpapostalmatch.com

Ted

wow, congrats to Scott Shalter. Not bad for an old guy.

I don't think any of the closest clubs to me ran this at all this year. I really need to get around to shooting it one of these years.

Yeah, Scott did something special. :cheers: Congrats to him.

A special shout out to Scott Shalter of the Lower Providence Rod and Gun Club, PA Tuesday Knights:

CDP Champion (that's right #1 in the World)

Most Accurate (With 0 [that's Zero!] points down)

and

High Senior

WELL DONE MY FRIEND! :cheers:

It looks like my club did not submit :angry2:

That's pretty unforgivable, or perhaps they haven't maintained their IDPA club membership, which is also inexcusable.

It looks like they got lost in the shuffle.... the MD from my club forwarded me the e-mail where he sent them in it was over a month ago. I think he is working with Ted to see if anything can be done. I shot it at 2 clubs with almost the exact same results so my score is posted but none of the people from my home club are in there...

It's also worth checking Ted's list of shooters who have participated as he updates it to make sure your name comes up, that's about the only way a shooter can make sure that his club submitted the scores and they made the trip.

It's also worth checking Ted's list of shooters who have participated as he updates it to make sure your name comes up, that's about the only way a shooter can make sure that his club submitted the scores and they made the trip.

It might be a good reason to have the scores posted as we go so that we know we got in so its not to late.

It might be a good reason to have the scores posted as we go so that we know we got in so its not to late.

As much as I'd like to be able to trust our fellow shooters, I just don't think that would be wise.

As much as I'd like to be able to trust our fellow shooters, I just don't think that would be wise.

Yeah you might be right. How about just a list of names entered alphabetically in their divisions and classes so we know if we where entered?

Plus there might be a club out there that doesn't use the first score of a shooter since they will be able to see how it ranks...........I know, nobody would do that. ;)

I would imagine that this happens now... I had the opportunity to shoot the postal match at least 3 times and I could have elected to not have my scores submitted...

I think monthly updates would be helpful so you don't get a suprise at the end and have no scores. They post running scores at major matches...

Just my opinion