Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

It's my birthday, and I'm graduating!

MoNsTeR

Today I turn 23. And Tuesday, I will graduate Summa Cum Laude from Metropolitan State College of Denver with a B.A. in Economics.

Everybody shout h00rj!!1

I also had a match today, but we won't talk about that ^_^

Now go out in the World and make the big bucks old man...

Hah! What's this "world" you speak of? :P In the fall I start on my PhD at George Mason University!

I actually didn't do so bad at that match, 3rd out of 10. 1st was within my grasp if it weren't for 5 misses and a failure to engage :wacko:

Way to go, Noah!

Good luck in grad school. We will miss you at Aurora Gun Club and I'm sure you'll miss those cold Saturday and Sunday mornings from Nov. through March setting up the stages. We hope you can continue your shooting in the future and don't forget to stop by AGC when you return.

BTW, did you let your fellow students at Metro know of your interest in the shooting sports? How did they react? How did the professors react?

Chris "CZ 85" in Denver.

Now go out in the World and make the big bucks old man...

Hah! What's this "world" you speak of? :P In the fall I start on my PhD at George Mason University!

I actually didn't do so bad at that match, 3rd out of 10. 1st was within my grasp if it weren't for 5 misses and a failure to engage :wacko:

Monster,

Congrats on the next level of your getting old trip LOL. And congrats on the graduation. If you are going to be at GMU in Burke, VA. That is about 20 min up the road from me. I expect to see you at all of the Shooters Paradise matches the third Wednesday of every month LOL. Congrats again.

Paul Franklin

Myself and my wife (also graduating obviously...):

graduates.jpg

Chris, you bet I'm going to miss the Eastern Colorado clubs! I've made more friends in 9 months of shooting than I did in 5 years of schooling. Most of the time when my shooting hobby came up at Metro people were receptive, or at least not outwardly disgusted ;) I even met a few fellow shooters. And though most of the faculty at Metro are liberal (as seems to be the case nearly everywhere anymore), the Economics department is conservative bordering on libertarian. Indeed, my good friend Dr. John Cochran, who was chair of the Econ department while I was a student and who recently was appointed interim Dean of the School of Business, has a "Don't Tread On Me" flag hanging in the Dean's office!

I'll be studying at the GMU Fairfax campus. I scoped out the VA-MD section website a while back and if I recall I identified 4 or 5 clubs in reasonable driving distance. I hope to meet many more BEnos'ers out there!

And thanks to everyone for all your kind words. Some days I thought I'd never make it!