Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EzWinscore Registration Import

Rob Boudrie

On the EZWinScore 4.08 download page, bullet 5 of issues addressed says 99-50 and 09-12 have been removed from the infofile database. I understand 99-50 was retired as of 8/23/11, but I can't find where 09-12 was retired...it's still in the list of active classifiers.

anyone know what gives? Rob?

1. There is no import of class. EzWinScore allows the user to update classifications using a classification file imported into EzWinScore.

And this is one of the reasons it will not work smoothly for multigun matches. We have been using the pistol Limited Classification for Tactical & Limited shooters in Multigun. If I do an update, it re-sets all the Tactical shooters to U.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

1. There is no import of class. EzWinScore allows the user to update classifications using a classification file imported into EzWinScore.

And this is one of the reasons it will not work smoothly for multigun matches. We have been using the pistol Limited Classification for Tactical & Limited shooters in Multigun. If I do an update, it re-sets all the Tactical shooters to U.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

We need to discuss a solution. I am interested in refining the process in any way that helps, provided we maintain consistency with USPSA policies.

Maybe I don't understand, but all those that have a USPSA HG classification will be able to be updated so not having Class as a field doesn't seem to be a problem. If they are not a current member, they shoot as a U.

Re-reading Linda's post I see that the problem is with Tactical. That aside, loading a pistol match from an excel sheet just became a matter of only a few keystrokes.

Thanks Rob!

Edited by Jim Norman

After a couple minutes (hours) I have, I think successfully updated our data collection form to produce the output that is required to utilize the new import functionality of EzWinScore. Couple Ez and an electronic scoring system and Ez is now much more Ez to use.

Thank you Rob!

On the EZWinScore 4.08 download page, bullet 5 of issues addressed says 99-50 and 09-12 have been removed from the infofile database. I understand 99-50 was retired as of 8/23/11, but I can't find where 09-12 was retired...it's still in the list of active classifiers.

anyone know what gives? Rob?

Anyone have a comment on this...?

After a couple minutes (hours) I have, I think successfully updated our data collection form to produce the output that is required to utilize the new import functionality of EzWinScore. Couple Ez and an electronic scoring system and Ez is now much more Ez to use.

Have you decided how you are going to deal with new shooters or data changes?

Once the import is complete we add Walk-Ons they get converted after the match to name, division etc. Adding the new shooter to the DB is not that difficult if I decide to do it as with the pre-registration and the import feature, I don't really care if they are even there. As for developing an email list, that I get from the registration program and can save an excel file and sort and edit as needed.

I just last night did a live import for a real match, no more test runs.

I had two errors in the data which were pointed out, made the corrections and the import ran off smoothly. What used to be at least an hours worth of work is reduced to mere minutes.

Thank you Rob!

• 3 weeks later...

I keep getting an error when I attempt to import. I hate to tie up Rob when it's probably something simple I'm not doing properly so could someone send me a sample import file that DOES work? I can compare it to mine and see what I'm doing wrong.

Please send to:

john (at) teammagnolia.com

Thanks,

John

John you need to VERY carefully structure your import file. I had to rebuild my Registration form to get all the fields in the correct order and also to fill certain fields with the correct information formats.

I'll send you the last match file I imported.

John you need to VERY carefully structure your import file. I had to rebuild my Registration form to get all the fields in the correct order and also to fill certain fields with the correct information formats.

I'll send you the last match file I imported.

I could use that as well.... :)

JT

• 1 month later...

JT, send me an email so i can attach the files and send them to you. Jim

I just sent one and also sent you a PM earlier with my email in it. :)

Thnx

I could use that sample file too. I tried exporting my complete database to Excel then saving it as a CSV file. When I tried to use the import utility I got a error message. (Could not import data from C:\USPSA\Matches\Rangeregistration.txt. Existing registrations, if any, unchanged)

Our club just started using the Palm scoring and since we shoot every Tuesday I'd like to make the Match set up easier since I don't like registering 225 possible shooters every week one at a time.

Also is there a possibility of getting the import to work for IPSC matches as well since we shoot both here?

Apparently I can not upload an excel file here.

However, this is the way to set up your registration for direct import. You MUST have each of the following headers, however you do not need data in every column. Save the completed worksheet as CSV or TSV. Import.

Compno

USPSA member number

FIRST_NAME

LAST_NAME

address1

address2

city

state

zipcode

country

Phone

Foreign

Email

Division

Female

Military

Law

deleted

Power

Factor

rifle_power_factor

shotgun_power_factor

rifle_entered

shotgun_entered

rifle_division

aggregate

Apparently I can not upload an excel file here.

However, this is the way to set up your registration for direct import. You MUST have each of the following headers, however you do not need data in every column. Save the completed worksheet as CSV or TSV. Import.

Compno

USPSA member number

FIRST_NAME

LAST_NAME

address1

address2

city

state

zipcode

country

Phone

Foreign

Email

Division

Female

Military

Law

deleted

Power

Factor

rifle_power_factor

shotgun_power_factor

rifle_entered

shotgun_entered

rifle_division

aggregate

I see Power and Factor on two separate lines. Should this be a single item? With or without underscore?

Found my answer back in post #18.

Edited by NMBOpen

• 11 months later...