Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Gen 4 Ejector

fluffybadbad

So I just got a new Gen 4 G34 and called Glock about getting some brass ejected into my face and to the left. They told me about the new RSA trade-in that they have going on, but I already have the newest version. They then told me that they're also replacing out the old ejectors with new ones, but that I'd have to send my gun in for them to swap it out. They aren't just sending out ejectors for self install.

I'm not sure if this is just limited to 9mm or not. Maybe this will fix the Gen 4 ejection issues. However, I'm not sending in my brand new gun right now for 4 weeks.

They told me about the new RSA trade-in that they have going on, but I already have the newest version.

"RSA"?

Recoil Spring Assembly.

Not sure how the new ejector fits into all this, but my new 34 came with the new and updated recoil spring assembly, so tech support said that there was also a new ejector to help with the issue because I was still getting brass to the face.

They have a voluntary recall on the RSAs going on now:

http://www.teamglock.com/customer-service/recoil-spring-exchange

I have always thought that changing the RSA :) on the G17 to the Gen-4 system was an ill-advised move on Glock's part. I understand the desire for product and parts commonality, but the bottom line is the G17 wasn't broken, no need to fix it. They just created a lot of unnecessary problems for themselves, and their customers, in an area where previously there were none.

Thankfully we have the Jager guide rod system to deal with this issue.

I had the Glock armorers take a look at both my Gen 4 35 and 23 while at the Gunny Challenge. They replaced both RSA'S and ejectors. Also told me to send my 35 slide in for replacement. You can have the Glock armorers look at your gun at any GSSF shoot and they will replace any worn or updated part usually free of charge.

Edited by gg35

• 1 month later...

After FTF's and much brass to the face I returned my G17 to Glock. It already had the latest RSA and ejector. They replaced the extractor and returned it within two weeks. Since then I have put over 1500 rounds thru it with no problems. I feel confident now that I can depend on it for a carry piece.

Bob W

Glock has a new style ejector that is being installed in all 9mm and .40 pistols. Started about the first of October. If you have the old style ejector in a G4 Glock you must ship it to Glock for the upgrade on their dime.

Glock has a new style ejector that is being installed in all 9mm and .40 pistols. Started about the first of October. If you have the old style ejector in a G4 Glock you must ship it to Glock for the upgrade on their dime.

To take that one step further. Glock is now shipping ejectors to certified armorers...thank god. :)

Called them earlier today and that was what they told me they were now doing.

To take that one step further. Glock is now shipping ejectors to certified armorers...thank god. :)

Called them earlier today and that was what they told me they were now doing.

it should have been this way in the first place, they must have realized that it is costing them a lot of money to pay for the round trip overnight shipping.

it should have been this way in the first place, they must have realized that it is costing them a lot of money to pay for the round trip overnight shipping.

My first thought as well. I was curious as to whether or not you could simply request the new part be sent to you, and drop it in yourself.

My first thought as well. I was curious as to whether or not you could simply request the new part be sent to you, and drop it in yourself.

As of two weeks ago they were not available to Glock Armorers and as of now they are not for sell to the general public but are available to Glock Armorers for specific guns. LEA's must go through their LEO representative for the parts.

I sent my G17 G4 back to the factory for FTE issues. They installed a new extractor, new 30274 ejector and trigger housing.

Previously, in stock form, I had 12 FTEs in 900 rounds, and consistently had 10-20% of brass ejected to the forehead, left, forward, over the shoulder, @ 12 o'clock, etc.

Then I started switching out parts (LWD extractor, Jager and 13 lb. ISMI and WSD HRED). I also filed the ejector back and changed the angle. After those changes I had 3 FTEs in 1,937 rounds. I was still getting 10% erratic ejection.

With the new parts, primarily the ejector (I believe) I now have a gun that runs 100% and ejects consistently to 3-4 o'clock (but I only have 500 rounds downrange since I got it back last week).

Changing factory RSAs by themselves did exactly squat for my problems.

Running a 13 lb. ISMI and a Jager guide rod alone caused 6 FTEs in 100 rounds in stock form. Whereas with the factory RSA I had 1-2 FTEs per 100 rounds on average.

Edited by mizer67

So if I have a heavly modified Glock with that problem and i don't want to send it in how do i get one of these new ejectors?

Have a Glock Armorer call 770-432-1202 with your serial number.

Thought I would reinforce that an Armorer can obtain the upgrade via phone. I am a Certified Glock Armorer and just called in a G26 Gen 4 ejector replacement. No problem - Glock is shipping one today.

Satch

Thought I would reinforce that an Armorer can obtain the upgrade via phone. I am a Certified Glock Armorer and just called in a G26 Gen 4 ejector replacement. No problem - Glock is shipping one today.

I called last week. I've got one for a personal gun and two for customers coming. As stated above, they're now shipping them to armorer's. They'll have to confirm your credentials and you'll need a serial number for each one.