Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hienie/Dawson or Warren/Sevigny

72stick

I'm getting ready to replace the sights on my new G17 gen4. I'm planning on using this gun in Limited division.

After doing a search for replacement Glock sights, and not seeing anthing definative, I'd be interested in your thoughts on these or other sight combinations for Limited.

Thx!

After doing a search for replacement Glock sights, and not seeing anthing definative...

That's because any of the sight sets you mentioned will do the job equally well. :cheers:

I have been researching this topic as well. I shoot a 34 in production. I just ordered the Sevigny with the red fiber front. To me it appeared to be a Ford/Chevy debate on many of the top brands. Most things I read seemed positive. They also seemed to be priced fairly... I got them for $ 90.00 shipped.

I wholeheartedly recommend the Warren/Sevigny competition set, the rear notch-width to front blade width is about perfect for our games and I really find that their flat black, non-serrated rear helps one to keep a sharper focus on the front blade and it's alignment as compared to rear sights with serrations.

For me, for the front I've come to far and away prefer the uncluttered and crisp picture of the all black set (serrated front only) over FO's. In the past, with FO fronts, I tended to rush shots, pulling the trigger as soon as the glowing dot appeared in the rear notch, the plain black fronts keep me more honest and I can literally count the serrations, and the precision I gain using them more than makes up for any ultra-slight speed-of-acquisition advantage the FO's may have.

I've got both of those sight combos. Hienie/Dawson on a G17 and Warren on my G35 Limited. I like the Warren/Sevigney set up best with the red fiber optic tube. I purchased the narrow rear sight version.

Thread drift, but still pertinent. I've read that the Warren rear sights are very tight to install-- even with a sight pusher. That true?

If yes, has anyone tried heating the slide/freezing the sight to allow for an easier fit, instead of filing down the sight?

Warren rear sights are very tight to install-- even with a sight pusher. That true?

Nope. Not an issue at all on the Glocks I put them on. Have had them on and off several times. Zero problems.

Good vise, hammer and punch and you're good to go.

Jim