Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Noveske Colorado State MG Championship

...finally saw the website....

Unfortunately, the website explains what this thread didn't, namely you HAVE to be a USPSA member to shoot this match. :angry2:

...and a prize table and everything. Too bad.

ericm

I concur with the above. To bad this is USPSA member only. I was disappointed to hear this and will very likely count me out.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...finally saw the website....

Unfortunately, the website explains what this thread didn't, namely you HAVE to be a USPSA member to shoot this match. :angry2:

...and a prize table and everything. Too bad.

ericm

I concur with the above. To bad this is USPSA member only. I was disappointed to hear this and will very likely count me out.

Ok - what am I missing with people not wanting to join USPSA ??

I just joined because of this match tonight. Is it the $ 40 that is the problem?

***Crap - this is the cheapest 'requirement' I'll probly have in all of 2012 between all the IDPA / USPSA / Major Multi-Gun matches...***

For the locals - we should just be thrilled that there will be one - and $40 + plus the very cheap match fee seems like the cake and we get to eat most of it :P

Look forward to meeting you all.

Instead of this turning into a discussion of the good bad and ugly (there are other venues for that) about USPSA, I think we can agree that any match is about what it is made to be by the staff. We are working hard to bring you excellent shooting challenges in an enjoyable match. With the Time-Plus scoring and the excellent stages with experienced 3 gunners as the CROs, I will personally guarantee that only the good of USPSA will exist at this match. :cheers:

Instead of this turning into a discussion of the good bad and ugly (there are other venues for that) about USPSA, I think we can agree that any match is about what it is made to be by the staff. We are working hard to bring you excellent shooting challenges in an enjoyable match. With the Time-Plus scoring and the excellent stages with experienced 3 gunners as the CROs, I will personally guarantee that only the good of USPSA will exist at this match. :cheers:

My bad - :blush:

Didn't mean to stir the pot - just dont know what is 'bad' & 'Good'. *New guy* (noob) :D

Looking forward to the match!!

My bad - :blush:

Didn't mean to stir the pot - just dont know what is 'bad' & 'Good'. *New guy* (noob) :D

Looking forward to the match!!

No worries. Maybe we can keep a "new guy" from ever having to experience some of the bad.

As long as I get to shoot and have fun I am all in.

MarkCO, please don't pay everyone's USPSA membership...less shooters betters my chances at the prize table :blush:

And just to think, I will shoot the 2012 USPSA Nationals to warm up for this match :roflol:

All in,

RLTW,

Busyhawk

MarkCO, please don't pay everyone's USPSA membership...less shooters betters my chances at the prize table :blush:

I won't Scott...

Applications are coming in, Jerry sent the sponsor letters out last weekend, stage designs are coming togther...

Thanks Carey! We think you will all be very happy with what is coming together in terms of the sponsors. We will be letting you know details as they are finalized.

I had a question regarding recognition of divisions and categories. For a Level II match, 5 entries are required to be recognized. If we have a division(s) that does not have at least 5, we will announce that 2 weeks prior to the match and explore options with the persons in the division(s) at issue.

Hey Mark !

How many apps have you received?

Enough to cover each division?

Are you doing T-shirts? (I need to show off the home State at the other matches!)

Do you have a break out of the round count? **pistol / rifle / shotgun**

Thanks!

We have a bunch in, still have slots left though :cheers: I have 2 divisions recognized so far. Once we have stages approved and such, we'll send out the self squadding notices (hopefully mid January) and then you can count heads in the divisions...

No T-shirts.

The 8 stage desginers are still working, so no final numbers yet, but it should be pretty balanced between the 3 guns, 100+ for sure. You'll start to see stages show up on the webpage, with their stage sponsors and high quality renderings, in about a month. You will need some buckshot and slugs, but not yet sure of the counts on those.

We have some VERY nice rifles that will be coming from Noveske, who stepped up as the Title sponsor. One will be going to the shoot-off winner, and they will be unique! Continued thanks to MGM for their steel. Thanks also to Stag Arms and Predator Tactical for their sponsorship! Just FYI, these companies stepped up early which helps a lot, so many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Mark !

How many apps have you received?

Enough to cover each division?

Are you doing T-shirts? (I need to show off the home State at the other matches!)

Do you have a break out of the round count? **pistol / rifle / shotgun**

Thanks!

We have a bunch in, still have slots left though :cheers: I have 2 divisions recognized so far. Once we have stages approved and such, we'll send out the self squadding notices (hopefully mid January) and then you can count heads in the divisions...

No T-shirts.

The 8 stage desginers are still working, so no final numbers yet, but it should be pretty balanced between the 3 guns, 100+ for sure. You'll start to see stages show up on the webpage, with their stage sponsors and high quality renderings, in about a month. You will need some buckshot and slugs, but not yet sure of the counts on those.

We have some VERY nice rifles that will be coming from Noveske, who stepped up as the Title sponsor. One will be going to the shoot-off winner, and they will be unique! Continued thanks to MGM for their steel. Thanks also to Stag Arms and Predator Tactical for their sponsorship! Just FYI, these companies stepped up early which helps a lot, so many thanks!

Match looks great!

Just joined USPSA so I could enter but don't have a member # yet so I can't fill out the entry form. Can I get on a waitng list until # arrives if needed?

Mike

I still think you will be fine. If you really want to make sure, just send in your app with "Pending" in the member number box. When we do the match update we will then pull your member number.

Also, when you sign up, Cassy will send you an e-mail letting you know we got your app. You could just e-mail her back when you get your member number.

See, so many choices...like the stages!

Rough target counts: (Remember in Time-Plus you can get 1A or 2 anywhere)

Rifle 97, Pistol 118, Shotgun 99 (78 bird, 16 slug, 5 buckshot)

About 20 of the rifle targets are paper, so about 117 rifle. 7 of the slug targets are paper, so about 23 slugs. Real world total about 335 rounds!

We have at least 20 targets that will be weapon choice: rifle or pistol and pistol or shotgun.

There will be one full size IPSC steel for rifle at 500 meters. There will be a nice blend of rifle targets from 5 yards out to 300 yards, all at least 4 MOA, painted (or orange Clayoreos) and easy to see, REALLY!

We will plan to have stages posted by the end of February.

Edited by MarkCO

My application is in the mail and I have a 5 star hotel room lined up in Byers! ;) Looking forward to the match.

One question.... Will we shoot the buck at paper? I haven't shot a match that had buck required so don't know what to expect in the way of buckshot targets.

Application mailed

What is the minimum size Buck required for this match?

No minimum.

The reason there is no minimum is that the buckshot will be on falling steel targets. The buckshot targets will be a tad further than you are used to shooting birdshot. If it was me, I'd make sure I could get at least 2 or 3 pellets on a 8" target at 20 to 25 yards. It is looking like 6 shots required and 6 shots optional for the buckshot.