Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1.65 Bill Drill

EricW

When you guys are doing that great timing on this drill, are you shooting your limited and open guns?

I know that it is skills that make most of the difference, but I am still curious - would you expect to be a little slower if shooting let's say CZ 85 with the first shot double action?

I did it in 2.68 the other day with 1.68 on the draw with hammer down - how is this for a C shooter?

Thanks.

Don't ask me how this happened, but I ripped off about a 1.65 Bill Drill tonight. With my G19 with the New York 1 trigger of all things....

Oh, I think I missed it from the first time - you were shooting G19, well now that sounds even more impressive.

What is New York 1 trigger?

Hmmm...I would dare say a 1.65 is pretty special. Way to go.

dv8:

I have a CZ75B and I have to hump right along to beat 2 seconds. My splits will run in the high teens with a draw anywhere between holy cow and absolute crapola.

A couple caveats:

It was at 7 yards, not 10 like everyone else is drilling 1.5's and below on.

And it is totally unreproducable. I could get into the 1.9's after that, but basically had a smoking - use the force - draw to get to 1.65.

What really makes me happy about today is that a "normal" split before on my Glock used to be about 0.23. Now, 0.17 feels really moderate and controllable.

(NY1 trigger is Glock's 8lb anti-NY cop AD trigger.)

DUDE! You rock!

It was at 7 yards, not 10 like everyone else is drilling 1.5's and below on.

It's always been my understanding that seven yards was the classic distance for a Bill Drill, from Bill Wilson through Robbie and Brian on.

Yes, it's all about me, even though it's not my thread.......I am in a weird "transitional" period right now. I don't have a gun and can't practice. But when I was practicing a couple of months back I was passing goals I had set; I broke a 1.80 bill drill, the only two 25y Bills I ever shot were 2.62 and 2.69 (both 4a/2c) and went from 2.99 to a 2.50 personal best plate rack.

My draw also just "got faster" (?) and I am hitting a lot of real 1.0's in matches and down into the low .80's when I do get to practice. Last match in FL I hit an .86 to a 7y paper.

These times and improvements are either with new guns or borrowed guns. I don't have any idea why, maybe I am just not trying as hard and am having some fun all the sudden.

I am REALLY looking forward to getting settled into my new job with my TWO NEW GUNS so I am never without again and getting into a good practice schedule with the guys here.

New goals are a clean Bill in the 1.60's, and a 25y Bill in 2.60, clean. I want to work on things I can reach, those aren't that far off....