Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

It was just a stock M2 with an Xrail attached best I could tell. So I would assume Mark Roth from XRail built it.

Actually it is a lot more. The gun was outfitted with the intregal Xrail not just the one that attaches at the magazine cap. It is mounted by removing the entire tube north of the loading gate and the xrail becomes an "intregal" part of the firearm rather than just a bolt on accessory. This is possible with the Benelli since that part of the tube does not house a gas system as would be the case in an FN or Remington. Mark Roth of Xrail did the work on a brand new Benelli M-2 that was donated to the match.

What was interesting was that it was placed on the tactical optics prize table rather than the open table but since tactical optics was by far the larger group and this was by far the most valuable prize, I guess that was fair.

If you have facebook, go to the mn3gungroup take a look at the top header, I posted a picture from the Nordic Shotgun match of a known individual who I will not name here shooting this exact style XRAIL. I will try and post the picture here in a day or 2.

Jay

Best of all I have seen everything about every gun in the world fail but I am yet to see or hear of an Xrail failing. It is so simple when you see it you wonder why you did not think of it.

You need to get out more. EVERY gun can and will fail at some point. I have personally been there when 2 different X-Rails failed (PM me if you want details, I don't want to drift this thread any further). Nothing against the X-Rail, it is a very impressive piece of engineering, but not infallible like any other mechanical device.

Doug

Edited by Doug H.

Mark Roth did a tremendous job on putting that gun together and several discussions with him, open shooters, etc led it to find its home on the Tac table, my guess would be you will see that gun again shooting in open!! :cheers: An Xrail setup did find its way on to the open and AM tables as well, just not on an assembled gun,

Mark thanks for your work, inovation and generosity

jc

I would say the prize table easily approached $400k, that would average out to everyone getting about $100 of product, knowing that the vast majority got more than that, I feel confident around there if not more, I was a tad busy to try to add it up, it was enough work dibbying it out :cheers::roflol:

I would say the prize table easily approached $400k, that would average out to everyone getting about $100 of product, knowing that the vast majority got more than that, I feel confident around there if not more, I was a tad busy to try to add it up, it was enough work dibbying it out :cheers::roflol:

There were 4000 competitors at the match? ;)