Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ftf problem

rupture

Sti 9 major oal 1.170 . with full mags round sticks at the bottom of the feed ramp. If I take out 8 rounds it feeds. This happens in all of my mags 140's and 170's. Any advice on what to look for ?

sorry yes new gun. mags are superior mags (shooters connection). When mags are full and I hand cycle, the round seems to just sit in the mag when I download the mag the round pops up the feed ramp and chambers. My first thought was I need to change the mag springs, but would'nt it be the last rounds not feeding if the springs were weak?

Edited by rupture

Just a guess but it sounds like the tubes might be a tad wide in certain areas and the rounds might be binding side by side.

I'd borrow a buds mag that you know is reliable and start eliminating the possible causes of the issue.

When you download, does the pistol function properly?

A lot of times when is starts nose-diving, it is usually springs - how old are they? When did they work last? As the other suggestion, get with someone who has a similar gun and swap mags in the guns and see what happens.

sorry yes new gun. mags are superior mags (shooters connection). When mags are full and I hand cycle, the round seems to just sit in the mag when I download the mag the round pops up the feed ramp and chambers. My first thought was I need to change the mag springs, but would'nt it be the last rounds not feeding if the springs were weak?

My Superior big stick did the same thing BRAND NEW on top of that the rounds would start nose-diving as I inserted them using a Uplula loader, If I started a couple rounds by hand I was able to use the loader to insert the rest, but the mag didn't work sent it back to Superior got it back five months later still doesn't work. Even though it was new I put a new spring in didn't help. If get it to work let me know.

When I got my first 9mm open gun, I tried to use my STI mags that I'd been using for .38 Supercomp and had pretty much the same problem. I went to SVI mags, and haven't had an issue since. :cheers:

Alright so I spec'ed the feed lips and tubes, went to the range and still did not work, tried my friend's ammo which is alot different than mine , his ammo is 1.155 cmj same powder and charge. Tried his mags which are superior too. Tried a Brazo mag, did'nt work. Mags are kinda hard to engage mag catch. The smith said the mags might be riding to high. He suggested filing the mag catch. Can I increase the notch on the mags?