Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any Regular Multigun Matches in Mississippi and Alabama?

Cam welcome to God's country. There are numerous ranges in that part of the state. Every year the Mississppi Sectional is held in Byram (Jackson), MS at Magnolia rifle and pistol club. Go to MS gun owners forum and you will get some ideas where they are at. The state IDPA championship will be real soon here in Tupelo, MS if IDPA interests you. Good luck to ya'.

We have some in Poplarville Ms. USPSA and 3 gun

http://www.smsps.com/SMPSA.htm

Awesome!

Hey

I only got to say a quick Helo at the lodge,

Why don't You host a monthly event in your area

Howdy - I'm sure we'll bump into each other again soon. I would consider that but I'm relocating for a new job and I won't have much time to manage a club. I will offer my help to the clubs I frequent though.

Judging by the USPSA website, you are in the one part of Mississippi that is kinda far from a match. Looks like the closest match I can find is a USPSA handgun match in Epworth, AL, that is about 1.5 hours from you. Thier website is http://mpsa.us/ i have shot there before and they are a very friendly group of people.

There is a 3 gunner at that club that is a BE member. His username is Hrider and his name is Hurley. Look him up and he should be able to tell you if there are any local 3 gun matches.

Chris

I'm in Columbus, MS and have shot USPSA at the Magnolia club in Jackson a couple times. I have just recently found out that there is an USPSA/3Gun club in Birmingham, AL which is a bit closer for me. I intend to visit them soon to watch a match and hopefully get my 3 gun feet wet. Magnolia gun club is pretty nice and was pretty fun the couple times I was there. They have a local GM as well, Bryant Chaffin who was very friendly and helpful to this newbie.

I was just about to actually post a topic asking if anyone had shot at the range in B'Ham, AL. Guess I'll see if more reply to your thread instead.

Edited by Vermilion

There are 2 ranges in the birmingham area that run uspa type matches. Steel city in hoover (draw and duck is the contact for their match). Steel city runs a large rifle match (sometimes a multi gun) a couple of times a year in months with 5th saturdays).

Hetitage rifle and pistol in argo is the other (just north and east of birmingham, I am the contact for this match) our monthly pistol match includes a 2 stage rifle side match.

So the ranges in B'Ham don't specifically offer 3Gun then? Maybe I should quit trying to buy stuff that I can't use then LOL. I believe it was Heritage that I saw that said they have USPSA/3 Gun. And was the one I was going to visit soon. Do you have to be a member of either of these clubs to shoot the matches? I could pay individual matches but, wouldn't be worth it to be a yearly member I don't think.

Edited by Vermilion

Oh, and DO Make sure you get to the Mississippi section match in May. It is in Byram, MS, just south of Jackson. Great Match, great stages, great prize table, and most importantly, great people. Watch the match announcements section here and the teammagnolia.com site for annoucements