Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

putting his hand on her butt

NPSA 86-259

With all due modesty, I have to admit that I probably wouldn't remove the arm, laundry bills would be outrageous. :D It would be painful for the offending party.

Generally, it appears that the level of respect we pay toward one another's gear (not touching it without permission) is also apparent in how we interact with each other. I don't think inappropriate behavior is a big problem for USPSA matches, club level and higher.

Liota

Well, the guy shouldn't be doing it even if the girl is completely on her own, or if the girl is a guy!

So I think the part about them being attached to some guy is kind of beside the point.

Maybe there is a way to stop this (at least this particular guy). Fair enough not to post his name here just yet; particularly without a photo for evidence, but why not copy & send him the contents of this thread? Everyone that has posted seems to agree he is being a total jerk. Perhaps letting him know that USPSA is not the "good ol' boys club" he thinks it is will make him think twice about acting like such a moronic twit. There are few things that would drive me fight a man. Physically assaulting my girlfriend is just such a thing.

Blah. Has nothing to do with USPSA in particular. If you are in the US and you are a guy, you know that if you touch another man's girl, or parhaps any girl, in that fashion.....you are risking an immediate a$$ whoopin'. If he affords no respect to others (and this isn't exactly a mistake or innocent behavior), then he forfeits respect that he is due.

Basically a total lack of respect, to others in general and women in particular. Women tend not to be disrespectful in this manner.

He probably complains the first time he gets cut off in traffic, but only sees what is inside his "world".

This kind of person believes the rules are there for others. He does not see the rules as affecting him and therefore will regularly call others to count and then expect something to slide as it is HIM / HER.

Doesn't this idiot understand everyone around him has a gun and knows how to use it? I have seen people hacked to death for less than that. I'm sure a few even know that "There is no problem that can not be solved by the strategic placement of high explosives."

I would “out” him. Time that everyone stops worrying about being politically correct and gets back to “Doing what’s right”

Ever see a guy touch my girlfriend's butt you'll have the pleasure of watching me break him into little pieces and stuff him down the nearest storm drain.

I find myself agreeing with Jake on a number of items! :D

Well, by the responses posted here, it would be fair to say that if any of us were witness's to such an event (nevermind it happening to us or a significant other) that our blood pressure would be elevated. If I am correct, I suggest that a private, stern conversation take place with the "offender" in question.

I hope that each of us who have posted regarding our disgust for this type of behavior would be able to find the courage enough to confront this individual on this issue in the hopes of putting an end to it. I can't say for certain that I would, but I would like to think that I could. If it was my wife or mother, no questions (unless, of course, they beat me to it). Like in the 'Retrosexual' post, I would "deal with it".

I personally find such behavior, uninvited touching, to be highly rude, extremely unprofessional and one of the highest forms of disrespect to another person. It makes me squeemish, and few things do.

I think such things should be dealt with immediately and decisively, but it doesn't sound like physical violence is the ideal immediate response, unless it comes directly from the girl or woman being touched.

I realize it's expected to have the alpha male reaction, blah blah, but the spouse starting a fistfight is going to cause a lot more trouble than it solves. I advocate a potentially escalating continuum of responses, the last step of which would be opening a frosty can o' whupass.

I personally find such behavior, uninvited touching, to be highly rude, extremely unprofessional and one of the highest forms of disrespect to another person.  It makes me squeemish, and few things do.

Is that why you won't return my calls? I warned you about wearing those combination long pants & shorts at the same time deal ... they're an attractive nuisance!

:lol:

Some dude going around fondling womens' behinds and no one said a word? I doubt it. So tell us, who performed these acts of indecency and when did they occur?

Precisely. If the originator of this thread is going to name names then so be it. I would prefer they didn't but all this posturing and talk isn't doing anyone any good.

If no one has anything constructive to add that will help as all be better shooters lets just let this hate fade away.

-ld