Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to get Hornady Bullets cheap?

There are sources where you can buy Hornady "bulk pack" bullets for only slightly more than Zero, Star and the rest. Light 9mm bullets are available for about $50/1000 (in bulk) delivered to your door CONTUS.

Leo

Here's another source. http://www.montanagoldbullet.com/

Zero and Montana Gold lead the list of bullets used by the top shooters. I would love to shoot Hornady's but I can't find them much cheaper than what you did. Start thinking in 1000 counts. Most bulk bullets come in 1k or 2700. The more you buy, get friends together, the cheaper they get.

Check out Midwayusa, and Black Hills Shooters Supply for prices on Hornady bullets. I have no idea what quantities you are looking to buy but you should be able to get them for about 25% more than comparable quantities of Star, Zero, etc... I use Zero bullets myself, but have friends that use Hornady and Montana Gold with good results.

Leo

Our last bullet purchase was Hornady 121 gn JHP HAP (Action Pistol) for .38 super from Lock Stock & Barrel. www.lockstock.com You can get them in bulkpacks of 4000. Unfortunately the XTPs are sold only in boxes of 100 (last time I checked).

Last spring, I finally took the time to test fire several different loads with bullets from various manufactures through a few different .38super guns. I expected to see variation, but the degree of variation was huge! Also, using at least 10 shot groups instead of 5 showed some interesting patterns.

My gun liked the Hornady XTPs, but the HAP was a close second.

IIRC, we had some trouble finding a source to buy Hornady bullets. I think Midway had several varieties in small quantities.

Penny

(no ties to any of these companies...)

• 2 weeks later...