Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Most accurate AR barrel you have personal experaince with?

bpipe95

I've shot/owned almost all of them and the most accurate one is still my Krieger. It is the DCM Contour, 20" 1:9. 5 shot 100 yard groups: 50 grain NBT was 0.22", 69 SMKs were 0.28" and 52 grain SMKs were 0.17". Rifle has a JP trigger, but besides that, a heavy DPMS FFT, and the barrel, everything else is Mil-Spec.

+1 on the Krieger...... I have an older one in 1:9 twist on a service match style AR, 20 inch barrel. Still a smoking hot shooter with eveything from 52 gr to 69 grain. TONS of rds down range. It is a 5.56 chamber.

About 2 years ago, I built a free floated heavy barrel Krieger 24 inch in 1:8 ( I believe it is actually 1:7.75 twist) to shoot 77 gr SMKs....... It makes me smile :goof: It has a true .223 cahmber that is on the minimum end of SAAMI spec dimensions. I get absurdly good performance every time I use it. Krieger is a premium buy, but in this case I believe that you are getting what you payed for.

Shot my buddies WOA barreled AR that I built today.

Was much more consistent than last time.

I think I have it narrowed down to WOA and Krieger.

Prices are not to far apart. hrmm

Having a WOA SPR (Wilson) barrel on one AR,another Wilson on a second,( that was bought as a blank, turned and chambered by myself) and having used Kreiger's on a couple bolt guns. My vote is for the Krieger. The Krieger quality will be more consistent, I believe.

Found out that WOA has done some barrels using Krieger blanks in the past. I will be reaching out them this week to get some pricing.

WOA blew me away this past week with their customer service for a buddy of mine. Enough so that I really really want to do business with them.

Found out that WOA has done some barrels using Krieger blanks in the past. I will be reaching out them this week to get some pricing.

WOA blew me away this past week with their customer service for a buddy of mine. Enough so that I really really want to do business with them.

White Oak Precision offers the Krieger. Their offshoot for parts, White Oak Armament, does not, unless things have changed recently.

For crying out loud. Just get the Krieger already, you know you want to :roflol: And put a real trigger in that gun ... Oh by the way don't spend all your money before we get to Kentucky. Iknow you will be kicking yourself if you don't have the money to buy any goodies while we are there.

Edited by VRI Tactical

For crying out loud. Just get the Krieger already, you know you want to :roflol: And put a real trigger in that gun ... Oh by the way don't spend all your money before we get to Kentucky. Iknow you will be kicking yourself if you don't have the money to buy any goodies while we are there.

don't hate! lol

The only reason I have not called WOA or Krieger yet is that I know I will say "ok send it" to one of them... Trying to keep the funds up for KY is not easy with this gun building add I have.

Just because you run one of those fancy ass cheater type triggers doesn't mean I have to! :):roflol:

I am faster than a mongoose on meth! well almost... :sight:

I don't have any fancy stainless barrels, however I can honestly say my Noveske N4 is more accurate than I am, which I cannot say for my other chrome lined barrels.

Accuracy is a combination of the guns ability and your ability. A rifle can't out shoot you nor you the rifle. Say you can hold .5 moa as a shooter and the rifle is capable of 1 moa you will have groups around 1.5.

Pat

Most accurate and for the longest time ( 15,000 rounds) J.P. 20" medium contour barrel 1X8 twist that was thermo-fit! Did better than my Krieger, and Hart Barrels that were on bolt guns in .223 and lasted sub-moa untill 15,0210 rounds and then...well I am gettign another as we speak. KurtM

• 2 months later...

Well as a small update to this thread, I went with a WOA and so far I am very happy. I got to take it out for a bit the other night and was just shaking it down and testing some factory ammo. It seems to like federal GMM 77gr the best.

As I was shooting the groups kept getting smaller then I let someone borrow my front bag and switched to my bipod and a small rear bag. It is better than I am. All groups are 5 shots, Bipod rear bag, with a bushnell elite 10x scope. dime size group is @ 100 Quarter size group is @200. The flyer @200 is my fault, I have a long way to do before I can do this thing justice.

target2.jpg

target1.jpg

target3.jpg

I am happy and THANKS to all that made recommendations. I hope to use this gun as a tool to learn how to range properly, and start reloading in a very small volume.

Thanks again

-brad

Well, for 3-Gun I got a Clark Custom upper built on a 20" Krieger fluted HBAR 1:7.7". I have not in any way, shape, or form tried to really wring precision out of yet, because it's plenty accurate for how I am using it. It shoots 1/2 MOA with remanufactured Georgia Arms 69gr Sierra Match King. I fully expect I could get it to 1/4 MOA with a tailored load. A very little bit (less than 20 rounds) of 77gr TAP looked very promising.

About five years ago I bought a DPMS LR308 that had been special ordered by a local police officer. Before delivery (this was when there was a loooonnnnng wait for .308 AR's), he ran into financial problems nad never took delivery. The rifle came with a 24" stainless barrell that had been cryo treated. The receiver is steel with a higher rail rather than the standard aluminum. the trigger was JP Match trigger. This rifle is as accurate as anything else I own and I have several 1/2 MOA rifles. I shoot mostly Gold Medal Match with 168's but it shoots 175' and 190's estremely well through the 1 in 10 twist barrel. I will eventually change the barrel, but not because the stainless DPMS barrel will not shoot but because I want to change the caliber. I have been toying with the idea of just building new rifle rather than screwing with one that already works.