Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DQed Myself

Dan Hefta

I made a real ass hat out of myself at a local match last Saturday. I was not having a good match and was resetting a stage that had 32 steel targets and my squad was doing a good job keeping busy until this one time... I was resetting the stage by myself and my squadmates were all chit chatting and I lost it. The F bombs were flying and I had some very choice words for my squad and I walked off, turned my scoresheets into the stats guy and told him I DQed myself for unsportsmanlike conduct. I stuck around helped get scoresheets and cooked 100 brats for the post match feast. I guess the main reason I am sharing this with you all is, I cussed out my squad, acted like a spaz and everyone still treated me like a good friend :blush: ... I did do a good job on the brats though. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a good recovery. It does get a little irritating when there are only one or two people working to reset a stage, especially on a hot summer day. I was at a match a while back and there was a dude that would come out after a stage was shot and hunt for brass instead of helping reset. :angry2:

We've had a few guys on the "Executive Shooter Program" in the past... (shoot their stage, and then go sit in the shade while everyone else works). I think one of our ROs DQ-ed them both and uninvited them from shooting any more. To be honest, both were WELL over 400 lbs, and I think the liability of having them running around with loaded guns was WAY too high... Put it this way... if you're to big to reach your Single Stack from a LEGAL holster position, and you're physically incapable of shooting a field course in less than 2 minutes... You need to take up an air-conditioned hobby...

Just sayin'.

I usually show up an hour early, and set up 1-2 stages, than THEN change my sweated through shirt to shoot... then paste as much as I can, and RO... And then change into my THIRD shirt, and head for the bar...

Jeff

Sounds like a good recovery. It does get a little irritating when there are only one or two people working to reset a stage, especially on a hot summer day. I was at a match a while back and there was a dude that would come out after a stage was shot and hunt for brass instead of helping reset. :angry2:

I've ran those people off the range. There is no reason for them to be picking up other peoples brass until AFTER the match.

I've jumped a few squads before as MD for not helping. Gotta be commanding yet polite as possible. ;)

Hey props to you though for staying and cooking!

I find people show more of thier true nature in thier lowest moments than in thier greatest achievements. You had a spell where the relay controlling the filter between your thoughts and your mouth failed, and you backwashed in a public fashion. Congratulations, you're human. You then sucked it up and tried to make it right by sticking around to help out.

Some would have turned tail and soaked up and fed the outrage (real or imagined). You chilled out and took your lumps.

You done good.....

Give em a cussin - which they needed (call it a wakeup call). DQ'ed yourself to show that "excessive" vulgarity is not to be tolerated.

Then, stayed around and cooked to let them know you still loved em....

To you...cheers.gif

When they don't paste targets and help on my squad I make sure the targets are not pasted the next time they are up to shoot. Then when they step up waiting for the make ready command I tell them they can shoot as soon as they paste the targets. It usuallly gets thier attention. I have also been know to tell shooters who are notorious for not helping that they are not welcome and are not going to shoot on the squad with me. They call me an ass$#@* or worse and get on another squad.

We've had a few guys on the "Executive Shooter Program" in the past... (shoot their stage, and then go sit in the shade while everyone else works). I think one of our ROs DQ-ed them both and uninvited them from shooting any more. To be honest, both were WELL over 400 lbs, and I think the liability of having them running around with loaded guns was WAY too high... Put it this way... if you're to big to reach your Single Stack from a LEGAL holster position, and you're physically incapable of shooting a field course in less than 2 minutes... You need to take up an air-conditioned hobby...

Just sayin'.

Your's is one of the most effed up posts I have ever read on this or any other forum. Your prejudice is frightening.

What will you say the next time someone who doesn't look like you drags ass at a match? If they're black, will you then complain about blacks? If it is a woman, will you complain about women? If they're Asian or Hispanic, will you whine about them. What if they're old and have a tough time moving, would you relegate them to the senior citizen squad?

If a PERSON doesn't do their fair share of the work, it is THAT PERSON who is the problem, not everyone who LOOKS LIKE that person.

Just sayin'.

Edited by remoandiris

I made a real ass hat out of myself at a local match last Saturday. ... I did do a good job on the brats though. :cheers:

So What did you "Do" to the brats ? you can tell us ;)

I always boil the brats first to ensure that they are fully cooked, then just throw them on the grill and cook them until there is a nice char on all sides... make sure you have good fresh buns and lots of musterd, beer helps wash then down the best. I prefer Miller Lite (less filling).

I made a real ass hat out of myself at a local match last Saturday. ... I did do a good job on the brats though. :cheers:

I always boil the brats first to ensure that they are fully cooked, then just throw them on the grill and cook them until there is a nice char on all sides... make sure you have good fresh buns and lots of musterd, beer helps wash then down the best. I prefer Miller Lite (less filling).

SO! your telling us that you spit in the water you boiled with ? or you rolled the wet brats in dirt before you put them on the grill ? Or Both :devil: ?

SO! your telling us that you spit in the water you boiled with ? or you rolled the wet brats in dirt before you put them on the grill ? Or Both :devil: ?

:roflol: There were 50 guys there with guns... I was a bit mad but it didn't make me stupid! :roflol:

Just sayin'.

I usually show up an hour early, and set up 1-2 stages, than THEN change my sweated through shirt to shoot... then paste as much as I can, and RO... And then change into my THIRD shirt, and head for the bar...

Jeff

Wow...

Just sayin'.

Jeff

I would think that when you reread this you might want to hit the edit button. We're all really just family here. The second part of your post shows you have a generous nature and a desire to help others. Peace my brother.

Just sayin'

You don't boil brats in water! :surprise: You boil them in beer! :cheers:

Edited by 392heminut

The RO yelled at me Saturday for picking brass. I almost lost it, but thought better of it. This was only my 2nd match. It's not like I hadn't been doing more than my fair share of resetting and taping targets.

I'm glad I kept my temper in check. There are better ways to comunicate than screaming.

As for the OP, everybody has a bad day. I'm sure you're well respected by your squad mates so they just blew it off for what it was. Just as with my encounter, no harm,no foul.

Last Saturday I shot with a guy who has bad feet. After he did NOTHING to reset the first 2 stages, I asked him if he was going to do any work at all. That got him moving a little.

Do SOMETHING to help reset the stage. Tape the first few targets, pick up the closest steel...something! If you can walk the stage 3+ times, you can do something to reset it after other shooters are done. If you're so bad off you can't, maybe you should take more time off to get healthy.

Edited by remoandiris

It's unfortunate that some people just have to act like slugs....have had this at local matches as well as an Area. You say something and then move on. Dan you did the right thing by DQing yourself and then putting it to rest. Is there any recourse for a squad or individual NOT resetting/pasting, etc? We had a real bad go of it at Area 3 when the squad before us simply sat around chit-chatting instead of working. Frustrating to say the least...