Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Inexpensive skate tape alternative

Nimitz

I've recently have been reading the book "The Glock In Competition" to see what things I should be looking at for my new Glock 34. Page 28 talks about adding Skate Tape. It talks about Dave Rhea (GSSF champion) who instead of buying from conventional firearms channels just uses "3M deck-tread traction strips" (http://www.amazon.com/3M-7635NA-Safety-Walk-Outdoor-180-Inch/dp/B0006HVKM4). I went to Home Depot today & bought 6" x 24" piece for about $6. Enough to do my Glock, Benelli M2 & Bushmaster M4 with room to spare. Anyone elae using this stuff?

I've recently have been reading the book "The Glock In Competition" to see what things I should be looking at for my new Glock 34. Page 28 talks about adding Skate Tape. It talks about Dave Rhea (GSSF champion) who instead of buying from conventional firearms channels just uses "3M deck-tread traction strips" (http://www.amazon.com/3M-7635NA-Safety-Walk-Outdoor-180-Inch/dp/B0006HVKM4). I went to Home Depot today & bought 6" x 24" piece for about $6. Enough to do my Glock, Benelli M2 & Bushmaster M4 with room to spare. Anyone elae using this stuff?

i use the 3M tread tape and love it. At first it feels like it's too gritty and aggressive, but once you use it, it isn't. It is very comfortable.

I didn't know skate tape (grip tape) was expensive to begin with. Go to the mall or any skate shop, hand them a couple bucks and you have a whole skateboard sized sheet.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought skate tape on eBay, cool colors and pretty cheap.

Before guns, I used deck treads on video game controllers (dont judge me) for marathon Madden sessions to prevent controllers slipping after playing for awhile, and found that after a while, the coarser grit had a tendency to rub off, and the residue is a little bit stickier. YMMV though.

• 5 weeks later...