Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P 40L

twodelta

Got this from a local shop yesterday. It says 40L on the slide and has Trijicon night sights. They were supposedly made for some police, and they didn't need all of them. Also attached a pic of the 40 Pro I've been shooting in Limited. I'm waiting for the Apex FSS trigger to arrive, and I may just put it on the 40L since it will probably only be legal in Limited.

post-23801-0-81282000-1312410926_thumb.j

post-23801-0-17928100-1312410935_thumb.j

post-23801-0-10479200-1312410942_thumb.j

post-23801-0-54291300-1312410965_thumb.j

Got this from a local shop yesterday. It says 40L on the slide and has Trijicon night sights. They were supposedly made for some police, and they didn't need all of them. Also attached a pic of the 40 Pro I've been shooting in Limited. I'm waiting for the Apex FSS trigger to arrive, and I may just put it on the 40L since it will probably only be legal in Limited.

I know where you got it! :P

• 2 weeks later...

Production App D4 21.3 says

After-market slides and

barrels – provided they

are the same length, contour

and caliber as original

factory standard.

I think you can convert it to 9mm by changing the barrel. I've put my 9 Pro barrel in the 40 Pro, but never tried to shoot it that way. You can't convert a 9mm to 40 though. The barrel won't fit. It won't be production legal either way. I'm turning this 40L into a Limited gun. I doubt the 40L will be production legal anytime soon. The 40 Pro still isn't Production legal yet as far as I know. I wish it was.

I just ordered mine from Bud's. :D Thanks for the heads up mcracco. That will put the count down to four.

Someone on the M&P Forum ordered one after me and the sales guy at Bud's told him they had 11 in stock. That's great but I questioned why Bud's was the only dealer with the 40L and people reacted like I was pissed off and wanted to start an argument. Whatever.

Good luck with yours! Mine shipped and I should have it tomorrow. Feels like the day before Christmas. :D

I had seen a few people mention a 40L online, and seen some advertisements on Gun broker so other dealers supposedly have them.

I shoot with Corey and Tony more than a few times a month at Buds indoor range. They're both instructors at Buds. They posted about the 40L on their facebook page, so I called them to hold me one. I walked in the shop, and Tony grabbed me one from the back. Most of the other people in the shop didn't know about them yet. So I apparently created a bit of a frenzy by posting this online. :roflol: Tony started it though.

Glad to see the 40L is posted online, and others where able to get a good deal. I've thought about getting another one.

I ordered one from Buds and will send it off to get slide cuts, I have a 40 pro 5" with the new Apex trigger and its awesome! With the 40L i will be able to keep one set up for production and one set up as a killer limited/limited 10 gun. Now all i need is more ammo and more time at the range!

I just ordered mine from Buds today, really looking forward to it. Is the 40L still considered SSP in IDPA, and what is it considered in USPSA?

I asked a couple of IDPA officials at one of my matches about shooting the 40L in SSP and they didn't think it would be any issue at all. The 40L is just a variant of the M&P line so no biggie. IDPA rules say that for SSP a gun must have annual production of of 2,000 units. So M&P certainly, 40L who knows (but seems like the flood gates are opening).

Worst case I will shoot it ESP. I like the gun and want to shoot it and become proficient with it. As long as I am in the game being competitive I don't care which class it is.

Oh, and my gun is on a truck somewhere between Jamaica, NY and Hartford, CT. But it's not like I am anxious or anything. :surprise:

Rob, you may want to check with Shooters Connection. I just ordered a Blade-tech for my M&P 40 Pro on 8/23/11 and it is scheduled to be here on 8/25/11. Also if you go to their link under the Vendor's Tents there is a sticky for a BE member discount. Good luck.