Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Has anyone tried this combo ? STI/Para frame + SV officer slide ...

RippSpeed

One project I've been dreaming of is a double stack 1911/2011 style with a small 3.9" Officer slide in 9mm ...

My regular gun-smith ( that does my sight installs) showed me his ccw pistol and I fell in love with it... It was a para p18 frame with an officer slide...

I would like to follow suit would be a great carry/self defense pistol. But, I was told by a local gunsmith for local USPSA shooters that they're hard or near impossible to make work on a STI frame...

I want to build a Officer Slide from SV with a sight tracker from scheumann on a Para or STI frame... What are your guys opinoin ???

One project I've been dreaming of is a double stack 1911/2011 style with a small 3.9" Officer slide in 9mm ...

My regular gun-smith ( that does my sight installs) showed me his ccw pistol and I fell in love with it... It was a para p18 frame with an officer slide...

I would like to follow suit would be a great carry/self defense pistol. But, I was told by a local gunsmith for local USPSA shooters that they're hard or near impossible to make work on a STI frame...

I want to build a Officer Slide from SV with a sight tracker from scheumann on a Para or STI frame... What are your guys opinoin ???

Limtcat Chaperon maybe?

post-6692-0-76839100-1311996981_thumb.jp

Limtcat Chaperon maybe?

I'm not interested in a complete pistol... I want to build from scratch... I'm asking if any of you guys have tried to build one from scratch and had any problems with it....

Limtcat Chaperon maybe?

I'm not interested in a complete pistol... I want to build from scratch... I'm asking if any of you guys have tried to build one from scratch and had any problems with it....

From the photo it looks like Lim did and it must work or he would not be selling them. To each his own but....As for building one myself the concept is backwards in my opinion. A long slide is much easier to conceal than a big full size double stack grip.

My reasoning is I fell in love with the Springfield EMP 9... But I would preffer to have the options to load more than 10rds in a mag...

This is the only reason why I haven't purchased a EMP 9 because of the 9rd+1 mag capacity

Hello: Or you could build something like this. The slightly longer slide works just as well for carry. The wide grip is just fine as long as you remove the magwell. This is my IDPA ESP/carry 9mm. I forgot to add that the bull barrel is 4.180" long. Thanks, Eric

post-9254-0-86736300-1312074148_thumb.jp

Edited by Aircooled6racer

Hello: Or you could build something like this. The slightly longer slide works just as well for carry. The wide grip is just fine as long as you remove the magwell. This is my IDPA ESP/carry 9mm. I forgot to add that the bull barrel is 4.180" long. Thanks, Eric

thats a very nice pistol... I'm not using this as a ccw ... Basically want to build a STI Edge mini me ...

The STI VIP and a couple para's are both double stack short 1911 designs

+1

Forget the building hassle, buy a VIP in 9mm. You might have to wait some months for it though. I tried, had to setle for one in 40, that was in May and I am still waiting.

Those VIP are selling like hotcakes!

You will need to machine the frame rails back on the Para or any frame other than a true Commander, other wise you will fight short slide travel problems.

Exactly! I built a gun for a friend of mine several years ago using a Caspian Officer's length slide and a Caspian Commander style frame because he wanted the concealability of the short slide but the full mag capacity of the full length frame. The combo functioned great.

Edited by 392heminut

My reasoning is I fell in love with the Springfield EMP 9... But I would preffer to have the options to load more than 10rds in a mag...

This is the only reason why I haven't purchased a EMP 9 because of the 9rd+1 mag capacity

I really love my EMP. It's fun to shoot and not bad to carry, either.

That looks like a great gun. Does it feed factory length JHP ammo?