Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Replacing US Popper Plates

We only have two US Poppers and they are not used much because they are pretty beat up and we have to replace them. The stands are in good shape so we just need to replace the plates themselves.

The style we have has a tube welded onto the bottom with a pin that slides through as opposed to being bolted onto a bracket. Suggestions for sources? The closer to us (Philadelphia area) the less the cost of shipping.

I'd give Ryan Brandt of Bigdog steel a call. Ryan has worked with me in the past on custom targets and stuff. He uses a water jet to cut his steel so there is no added heat from cutting. They are out of Ohio.

www.bigdogsteel.com

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

We only have two US Poppers and they are not used much because they are pretty beat up and we have to replace them. The stands are in good shape so we just need to replace the plates themselves.

The style we have has a tube welded onto the bottom with a pin that slides through as opposed to being bolted onto a bracket. Suggestions for sources? The closer to us (Philadelphia area) the less the cost of shipping.

Can you turn the faces around so the back now faces the shooter? Double you mileage.

Pat

Graham,

I've had good luck with GT targets in the past, both for personal use and for plates for CJ.

That said, when the Board last decided to buy us steel, they insisted that it come from MGM -- and the 18 U.S. poppers they bought still look like new 6-7 years later. I'd order those again in a heartbeat -- they might outlive me....

I've had good luck with GT targets in the past, both for personal use and for plates for CJ.

I'll check but the only falling popper he advertises is a self-resetting practice model. I've already checked with MGM and they don't have a popper that will work with our stands.

I think Flex mentioned that his club would pound them flat by placing the face on a flat surface and smashing them down with a backhoe bucket or something like that. May be worth a try.

Won't help if they are pocked. If they are soft steel just replace them.