Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ima45dv8's Birthday

Singlestack

Oh man! You folks are the best.

You folks rock!

Having reached the ripe old age of 53 I can tell you a few things… (:rolleyes: )

I never expected to live this long because as an adolescent I was a bit "wild". Attaining 30 years of age was my goal. I know that's not a unique target, but it is nevertheless true.

Wisdom is a fleeting thing. It's very Zen-like in that the moment you think you have it…you don't.

Age is relevant only to a point. Mileage matters much more. I'm a high-mileage individual and am thankful for the ride! It's better to burn out than fade away.

Smoking for 41 years has its advantages and disadvantages. Many 'loose women' smoke! I'm glad to have had an inroad to them based on my addiction.

Living alone is not the same as being lonely. I don't suffer at all from my solitary lifestyle.

Some have asked whether this birthday places me in the Senior category. No, it doesn't!

I have developed a steadfast rule....that when done using the facilities, you must leave the toilet seat in the full, upright position. This is a bachelor's house, and that's just the way it is. Women are expected to comply as well as men. If you expect us to know enough to raise the seat before using it, then you are capable of lowering it before your usage and leaving it up when you're done.

A good friend will help you clean your garage. A really good friend will clean your harddrive after you're done with it. ;)

The best and truest people I''ve met, and become real friends with, are involved in this sport.

I don't doubt for a minute that there are good people elsewhere involved in other endeavors, but on a per-capita basis, this sport is overloaded with good people.

How cool is that?

I never expected to live this long because as an adolescent I was a bit "wild". Attaining 30 years of age was my goal. I know that's not a unique target, but it is nevertheless true.

I hear you on that. As a youngster, I can clearly remember - at the ripe-young age of 55 - saying to myself, as I watched my oldest brother doing something boring with his wife, if I live to be 30 I'll kill myself.

Living alone is not the same as being lonely. I don't suffer at all from my solitary lifestyle.

I hear you on that one. I can't figure out how the married guys find time to shoot, reload, dry-fire, etc.