Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

herky

Single RO running and scoring a stage all by himself, two shooters walk up. RO asks first shooter to help score, shooter says "No, I'm just here to have fun." RO responds, "OK, you are up first." Shooter finishes stage, RO "That's two procedurals and four misses." Shooter is upset and asks why. Seems in his haste to "have fun" he failed to see two targets. What goes around, comes around. :P

I know, right? Keeping score has to be one of the easiest jobs on the range. Not to mention the fact that he would have had a chance to observe another shooter shoot the stage prior to his attempt.

Oh well ............. :rolleyes:

I have said no to scoring before, mainly cause I don't want to screw up someone's score, but I have always taped and reset targets, even when I'm the next shooter. I always try to get there early and help setup, try to stay late and help tear down, if time and schedule permits, and generally try and help where I can.

I have said no to scoring before, mainly cause I don't want to screw up someone's score, but I have always taped and reset targets, even when I'm the next shooter. I always try to get there early and help setup, try to stay late and help tear down, if time and schedule permits, and generally try and help where I can.

Same here. I have too much ADHD to keep score worth a crap but I can paste, paint, and carry walls & poles. That said, if the squad was short handed, I would certainly help the RO out by scoring. Just don't expect me to do it quickly. :huh:

RO asks first shooter to help score, shooter says "No, I'm just here to have fun." RO responds, "OK, you are up first."

After he was done shooting, RO should have also said "Hey, you know what, pasting is fun, why don't you go paste all the targets you just shot while the rest of us take a break"

:roflol:

We were setting up the local match earlier this year.

We got most of it about finished up when Chad mentioned to me that he didn't think anybody had setup the classifier yet. So, we head that way, passing quite a few people milling about by the prop building. Chad asked one of the guys if he'd help out settting up the classifier stage.

"no thank you."

We both kinda looked at each other funny after hearing that response. Later, that guy had went to his car and came back either wearing Oxygen or one of those packs that delivers chemo medicine.

blush.gif

Then, I am pretty sure I saw this same guy at the Area 5 match...helping set and paste when he wasn't shooting.

Some folks help when they can.

We were setting up the local match earlier this year.

We got most of it about finished up when Chad mentioned to me that he didn't think anybody had setup the classifier yet. So, we head that way, passing quite a few people milling about by the prop building. Chad asked one of the guys if he'd help out settting up the classifier stage.

"no thank you."

We both kinda looked at each other funny after hearing that response. Later, that guy had went to his car and came back either wearing Oxygen or one of those packs that delivers chemo medicine.

blush.gif

Then, I am pretty sure I saw this same guy at the Area 5 match...helping set and paste when he wasn't shooting.

Some folks help when they can.

You gotta hate those moments...

Years ago as a rookie cop working an off duty uniformed detail at Walgreens, I see this an apparently healthy young man pull into the handicapped spot with no handicap placard...

I yell over to him and tell him he can't park there. He responds with a "Yes sir." and moves his car. I then see him get out of his car using crutches as his left leg from the thigh down is in a cast.

From that day forward I always asked if they had a reason to be parked there before I made them move!