Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 FALLEN BRETHREN 3-GUN CHALLENGE

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The next to last line in miss kitty's post right above yours says "I still have slots available for those who have not yet signed up" so I'm guessing she knows what she is talking about. Sandra is pretty efficient.

MLM

Thanks, missed that. Should we send the app. and check with the old name in to guarantee a spot or wait until the new app comes out with the correct names?

Here is the new and improved MATCH Application2011 Fallen Brethren Enrollment2.doc

Please use this application in the future. For those of you who have already submitted an application, I do NOT need a new one from you, just a check made out to the Fallen Brethren 3 Gun Challenge!

:D

Edited by Ms. Kitty

Sandra,

New check is in the mail. Thanks very much!

Mark Miller

Mark: Thank you. I am looking forward to this match. Jim Smith is putting together the Spartantactical.com 3 gun page on his website and should be up and running this week. Keep an eye out there for more details. Finalizing hotel rates too for shooters. Once I know, it will be posted here as well as on his site.

hmmmm, now what about round count and distance?!!!! :devil:

Sandra

2011 FB3G Statistician

Its going to be a challenging match.

I hope that doesn't mean slow and difficult shooting. It seems like the trend right now is slow and accurate not fast and furious which is always more fun for all skill levels.

My thoughts precisely! My ideal 3-gun match is mostly run and gun - ala SMM3G. I personally don't enjoy sniper matches on the clock.

i like run and gun with a balance of difficulty. you need to have some targets that are difficulty to separate the men from the boys but with mostly fast targets. for example 10 close papers that are fast with 2 steal that is at 200 yards. but on the other hand if you had to shoot 10 targets at 200 yards off side under a car than that is challenging but not so much fun. in fact i would rather get kicked in the...

looking forward to the match.

I am going to have fun regardless of the way the stages are set up. If they don't fit in my cup of tea, then I will become a better overall competitor for having been there and given them a shot.

With all of the work that goes into putting on a major match, the only thing I have to say is thank you to the organizers and staff that are willing to undertake the ordeal.

I'll be there, whether they targets are big and close up, or itty bitty and far away.

HOTEL INFORMATION!

Below are the two hotels we have rates quoted at $70.00 per night for our shooters.

The Match hotel is the Comfort Suites.

Comfort Suites located at 2302 10th Street, Bridgeport, TX 76426 (940) 683-5777. If you have any questions, please ask for the manager, Cheri Fowler.

La Quinta located at 2300 10th Street, Bridgeport, TX 76426 (940) 627-9603. If you have any questions, please ask for the manger, Mireya.

Wednesday at Range 2:00-5:00pm for ROs and those shooters shooting on Thursday only. I will continue Registration at the Match Hotel on Wednesday 6-8 pm if necessary.

Thursday: at the Range from 12:00-5:00pm. Registration will continue at the Match Hotel at 6:00-8:00 pm. If you are not going to make registration, please contact me as soon as possible so arrangements can be made. I am NOT having registration Friday morning so please be prepared to register during the posted times. ;)

I look forward to seeing you at the match.

Sandra

2011 FB3G Stats

I may have missed this earlier, but now I know the equipment for tactical irons. Irons only, no 1x optic. I have been in that area before, but have not seen the range intself. Purist irons will definitely make it a challenge.

Can hardly wait, this is going to be a kick in the pants. :P

Found it at http://fb3gun.com/Rules.html.

Edited by ShootfastRunfaster

Nothing official yet Jesse, but there are some revisions to the initial rules being made and scoring is being evaluated, I have my fingers crossed for something closer to the IMGA (fun) system as well, and Match Director seems to be open to constructive input, he has been talking to several of the top shooters to get input from what I hear

And the good news is Ms. Kitty is doing stats

It would be nice to get another good annual outlaw 3 gun match going, I think it is imperative we all support efforts such as this and try to grow the sport and nudge matches toward what we like, it makes them grow faster and shooters have more fun

jc