Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 FALLEN BRETHREN 3-GUN CHALLENGE

+1 Is there going to be any information on this match relased soon such as stages or round count?

Stages would be nice, but I need to know when/where to be, round count, & whether or not 1x optics can play in Tac Irons...the division that may or may not exist! :ph34r:

ETA...Just saw the registration info...doh!

Edited by mmchambers06

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What time, what day do we need to show up? For some reason I had it in my head we shoot Sat/Sun but looking at the website it says Fri/Sat/Sun. I have work issues if we shoot on Friday.

Glad Jim is back, some answers, all in one spot would be really nice!

Really looking forward to this match. It's gonna be nice to not have to travel 8hrs or more to a major 3 gun match. :-)

MLM

Hi Everyone,

I had a visit with Jim yesterday to finalize stages and round counts for the match. The range is amazing and everything is on track for a successful match. Preliminary round counts are approximately 200 rifle, 150 pistol, 100 birdshot. I'm finishing up stages on paper and should have them posted in the next few days. If you haven't registered for the match you should as it definitely will be one not to miss.

Sme highlights/teasers

This match will be straightforward, no memory stages or Easter egg hunts, just straight up shooting. Targets will vary in distance from point blank to 600 yards (bonus shot). Stages will be freestyle, allowing the shooter choices.

Hopefully the weather is not too cold. Slings are not required by the way.

More info to follow. See you in a few weeks.

What time, what day do we need to show up? For some reason I had it in my head we shoot Sat/Sun but looking at the website it says Fri/Sat/Sun. I have work issues if we shoot on Friday.

Glad Jim is back, some answers, all in one spot would be really nice!

Really looking forward to this match. It's gonna be nice to not have to travel 8hrs or more to a major 3 gun match. :-)

MLM

Looking forward to seeing you at the match. Please see posts 145 and 199 for registration information....RO will shoot on Thursday and shooters will compete Fri/Sat and Sun. I spoke with Jim last night and I am really getting excited about the match.

:cheers:

Hi Everyone,

I had a visit with Jim yesterday to finalize stages and round counts for the match. The range is amazing and everything is on track for a successful match. Preliminary round counts are approximately 200 rifle, 150 pistol, 100 birdshot. I'm finishing up stages on paper and should have them posted in the next few days. If you haven't registered for the match you should as it definitely will be one not to miss.

Sme highlights/teasers

This match will be straightforward, no memory stages or Easter egg hunts, just straight up shooting. Targets will vary in distance from point blank to 600 yards (bonus shot). Stages will be freestyle, allowing the shooter choices.

Awesome, that's perfect, thanks for the update and looking forward to the match. Will we be able to drive to each stage or will we need to hump/cart our stuff? Thanks again!

Edited by blu46and2

Hi Everyone,

Sme highlights/teasers

thank you!

The match covers a pretty good chunk of terrain. The upper two stages (8 & 9) will require you to HUMP your kit up a fairly good hill (steep, short and untimed of course :D) and it is not wagon accessible. The lower 7 stages are wagon/cart accessible and will have vehicle parking withing a hundred yards or so.

Hope this helps with your logistical planning.

-6-

Good Morning Boys and Girls:

I am told you should expect to see 10 slug tagets. If you have a golf cart or wagon, you should consider bringing if you'd like. There are 2 stages which have steep hills, so carts/wagons may be difficult to use, but I am assured there will be minimum gear needed on those 2 stages (perhaps pistol rifle only)

Webmaster will be updating www.spartantactical.com with Registration in formation you so you won't have to go looking for posts 145 or 199 in this thread.

TI Questions/Answers:

As of this writing, there are 8 registered in this division. Jim will accpet 8 as a "Division" and he has indicated that: 1x optice may be used. So bring 'em if you got 'em.

Jim, John, Sheldon have been working hard and hope to have additional updated posted within next day or two.

I look forward to seeing everyone there!

Until then, Happy Holidays

:D

Edited by Ms. Kitty

Thanks Ms. Kitty. Reference posts 145 and 199 (Lodging):

you can cut/paste to fb3gun.com/Lodging.html for links to the FB3Gun site and the properties. Sorry... I can't insert links on this forum yet.

All three properties are nice and provide special rates for the FB3Gun. Hope this helps.

-6-

Good Morning Boys and Girls:

I am told you should expect to see 10 slug tagets. If you have a golf cart or wagon, you should consider bringing if you'd like. There are 2 stages which have steep hills, so carts/wagons may be difficult to use, but I am assured there will be minimum gear needed on those 2 stages (perhaps pistol rifle only)

Webmaster will be updating www.spartantactical.com with Registration in formation you so you won't have to go looking for posts 145 or 199 in this thread.

TI Questions/Answers:

As of this writing, there are 8 registered in this division. Jim will accpet 8 as a "Division" and he has indicated that: 1x optice may be used. So bring 'em if you got 'em.

Jim, John, Sheldon have been working hard and hope to have additional updated posted within next day or two.

I look forward to seeing everyone there!

Until then, Happy Holidays

:D

Ms. Kitty - One more quick question, what are the allowable shot sizes for shotguns on this range? Thanks!!

I was out at Spartan Tactical range earlier today for reasons unrelated to the 3gun match. Jim and John showed me a few of the areas where 3 gun stages will be held, the lower 7 stages are on some great terrain (creek bed, rolling hill, etc). There is even a dry stacked stone wall in part of one stage. The hill for the stages on the top side of the range is no big deal, you cant drive a cart up it, the climb is the equivalent of climbing 3-4 flights of stairs but there is a 1000 yard view at the top.

Overall this should be a cool match ...

I was out at Spartan Tactical range earlier today for reasons unrelated to the 3gun match. Jim and John showed me a few of the areas where 3 gun stages will be held, the lower 7 stages are on some great terrain (creek bed, rolling hill, etc). There is even a dry stacked stone wall in part of one stage. The hill for the stages on the top side of the range is no big deal, you cant drive a cart up it, the climb is the equivalent of climbing 3-4 flights of stairs but there is a 1000 yard view at the top.

FML, Damn ankle!

FML, Damn ankle!

Jesse - Just get your scooter for the lower stages, we'll figure out a way to get you and your scooter up to the top for the other two. :D

-Aaron

FML, Damn ankle!

Jesse - Just get your scooter for the lower stages, we'll figure out a way to get you and your scooter up to the top for the other two. :D

-Aaron

I got it figured out for you Jesse

Electra-Ride-II.jpg

Yeah just buckle me into the jazzy, hit the buzzer and down the hill I go ADing all the way. Im gonna give my spot to my buddy and I'd I can hobble around OK I'm gonna try to shoot in my walking boot. I tried to schedule the nip and tuck for the day after the may h but the wife has a Christmas beach vacation planned and she said I can't screw that up two years in a row.

Hi Everyone,

Sme highlights/teasers

Is this the minimum round count to shoot each target one time? Or is this taking into consideration double taps on paper?

Hi Everyone,

Sme highlights/teasers

Is this the minimum round count to shoot each target one time? Or is this taking into consideration double taps on paper?

See here for the scoring rules, section 9: http://spartantactical.info/3gun/Rules.html