Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 FALLEN BRETHREN 3-GUN CHALLENGE

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JJ is hoping some more people will join him in Heavy Metal.

Jim says there will be a traditional Heavy Metal in the match (even though the posted rules aren't quite done.)

There were like 14 in Heavy Metal at Ft Benning, so...come on guys (and gals???) sign up and shoot heavy metal!

I think they are slots left, but...you could switch over from TO, too!!!!

I know, I know, why don't I shoot it?? Tried that! Can't hold up the rifle! :wacko:

Give it some thought! :devil:

Denise

I vote IMGA......... Registered and hotel reservations made!!!

I would like to vote , but I just barely a mid range shooter.

I did not think the rules were -Broken- when I mailed my check in for this match :sight:

Is this <_< going to be the Squeaky Wheel syndrome ? the one that squeaks the most get the rule they want :P

Edited by AlamoShooter

Denise is correct. As of this morning I only have two individuals signed up to shoot HM :surprise: Looking for the ususal suspects to come play...OR perhaps the two that has signed up as scared off the (umhmmm) competition?!! :devil:

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the match!

Ms. Kitty

2011 FB3G Stats

HOTEL INFORMATION!

Below are the two hotels we have rates quoted at $70.00 per night for our shooters.

The Match hotel is the Comfort Suites.

Comfort Suites located at 2302 10th Street, Bridgeport, TX 76426 (940) 683-5777. If you have any questions, please ask for the manager, Cheri Fowler.

La Quinta located at 2300 10th Street, Bridgeport, TX 76426 (940) 683-2040. If you have any questions, please ask for the manger, Mireya.

Wednesday at Range 2:00-5:00pm for ROs and those shooters shooting on Thursday only. I will continue Registration at the Match Hotel on Wednesday 6-8 pm if necessary.

Thursday: at the Range from 12:00-5:00pm. Registration will continue at the Match Hotel at 6:00-8:00 pm. If you are not going to make registration, please contact me as soon as possible so arrangements can be made. I am NOT having registration Friday morning so please be prepared to register during the posted times. ;)

I look forward to seeing you at the match.

Edited to correct La Quinta's phone number

Sandra

2011 FB3G Stats

Does anyone know if a cart would be handy for this match or can you drive to all the stages???

I talked to Jim...He said a cart would be useful, parking is central and withing walking distance to the stages...in otherwords, you won't be driving up to the stages like can at Rockcastle.

Jim, anything you'd like to add?

Sandra

2011 FB3G Stats

Glanced at the rules from last year. Looks like 1x optics were good to go for tac iron and heavy last year at Benning. Is this going to change? If not, I may try a little heavy action at this one...

Also put me down as a vote for IMGA scoring.

Edited by usp45ss

Glanced at the rules from last year. Looks like 1x optics were good to go for tac iron and heavy last year at Benning. Is this going to change? If not, I may try a little heavy action at this one...

Also put me down as a vote for IMGA scoring.

[/quotehe

The Rules have been changed. :blink:

Jim will have the Rules for 2011 FB3G posted shortly...look for them on his site www.spartantactical.com....I will post here once the page is up and running. We are "tweaking" it right now and hope to have it up soon...

Please stay tuned...

Sandra

2011 FB3G Stats

Edited by Ms. Kitty

Well I am going to the doctor this week to see about getting the metal out of my ankle this winter. I may be on crutches or in a scooter for this match. So will this match be natural terrain or bay/berm style stages? I'm just trying to determine if I need a 4x4 scooter or if the old RWD will do the trick.

Thanks for the link Ms. Kitty.

There's a couple of things in the scoring that has me confused so maybe someone could help me out.

"A.        A paper target which is not engaged by firing at least one round at it will receive a minimum of a 10 second penalty for not making the required hit(s) on the target and 10seconds, per target, for a Target Not Engaged (TNE) procedural for a total minimum penalty of 15 seconds per target added to time. "

In this rule should it be for a total minimum of 20 seconds instead of 15, or is it 5 seconds for the TNE instead of 10?

The following two rules regard a reactive steel target over 100 yards and a swinging style target over 100 yards which to me can be the same. The end result is the same but how you get there is different.

"9.1.3.5 A reactive steel target that is over 100 yards which is not engaged by firing at least one round at it will receive a 20 second penalty for a Target Not Engaged (TNE) procedural per target added to time, in addition to the miss penalty time of 10 seconds for a total of 30 seconds. "

"9.1.3.9 A frangible, knock down or swinging style target that is over 100 yards which is not engaged by firing at least one round at it will receive a 10 second penalty for a Target Not Engaged (TNE) procedural per target added to time, in addition to the miss penalty time of 20 seconds for a total of 30 seconds."

Just want to get this clear in my already cluttered mind. Thanks.