Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Handguard weak hand grip :)

I have a JP handguard 12" on my rifle. ala Noveske Shooting Team :)

hehehe, i tried some double tap at 15M, and there were some good "snake eyes" shots, but there were some not so good. what i want to know is how your weak hand is against the rifle?? i usually have it pushing my rifle to my shoulder, i tried holding a pump action shotgun, i accidntally knocked back open the shotgun... hehe.

was just wondering how the real rifle shooters do it :) aheheheheh

Don't know that I classify as a "real rifle shooter", but the way my rifle is set up my weak hand just holds the rifle up. I don't push forward, down or back. If it was light enough I could shoot with one hand and still snake eye at 15. Or at least I'd like to think so. Just like weak hand on a pistol, if I use too much input (force) it moves my shots around. If I just hold it up, I can hammer two shots in the A out to 50y.

I don't do much in the way of pushing or pulling. I just use my weak hand for front end support and as an index when transitioning meaning I use that arm to transition from target to target.

This is an interesting thread. I typically pull the rifle into my shoulder with my weak hand. I do this to try to tame my rifle as it has a FA carrier and full mass buffer, so it jumps around quite a bit. Next on the list is the JP LMOS, and we'll see how the rifle handles then.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried it out yesterday.. went to the range. had 182 rounds of match ammo on my bag. just to practice 40-60 yards off hand shooting with a little prone position practice. i took the suggestion of the shooters here. tried the no pressure grip over the handguard. and to my surprise, 2 taps... went in like dog eyes(bigger snake eyes) hahahah. having your weak hand not fighting the recoil and just let it happen was far more effective. i was shooting a 25-35 yards paper. and i got 2 alphas or 1A n 1C. it was very enlightening.

i find out that i should aim a bit higher coz of the 1+inch shooting low, i zeroed my unit to 50 yards, and the result was some went the charlie region coz i aim at the center. if i aim a bit higher, im confident that i'll get 2 alphas. Im really drilling myself for the rifle match this weekend. i plan to practice more 2 days before the match. First time i'll be using irons. i have trouble transitioning from 1 target to another, using a Lake compass tube for the my rear, thought it focuses my eye for long range stuff, but transitioning is difficult as hell.

To all the iron guys out there, how do you do it.. do you get take your eyes of the rear sight .. then look at the next target then whip the rifle there?? in between targets is around 10 yards. This problem occurs on prone where mobility of rifle is limited.

I tried it out yesterday.. went to the range. had 182 rounds of match ammo on my bag. just to practice 40-60 yards off hand shooting with a little prone position practice. i took the suggestion of the shooters here. tried the no pressure grip over the handguard. and to my surprise, 2 taps... went in like dog eyes(bigger snake eyes) hahahah. having your weak hand not fighting the recoil and just let it happen was far more effective. i was shooting a 25-35 yards paper. and i got 2 alphas or 1A n 1C. it was very enlightening.

i find out that i should aim a bit higher coz of the 1+inch shooting low, i zeroed my unit to 50 yards, and the result was some went the charlie region coz i aim at the center. if i aim a bit higher, im confident that i'll get 2 alphas. Im really drilling myself for the rifle match this weekend. i plan to practice more 2 days before the match. First time i'll be using irons. i have trouble transitioning from 1 target to another, using a Lake compass tube for the my rear, thought it focuses my eye for long range stuff, but transitioning is difficult as hell.

To all the iron guys out there, how do you do it.. do you get take your eyes of the rear sight .. then look at the next target then whip the rifle there?? in between targets is around 10 yards. This problem occurs on prone where mobility of rifle is limited.

Eyes on target, bring the sights into line with your target while prepping the trigger,break the shot(s), eyes to next target, repeat until finished, transition to other guns and move as required, unload and show clear.