Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brass picker upper

latech15

http://shop.southernbellebrass.com/p-40-brass-buggy-brass-collection-system.aspx

We are considering one of these for our club and with the price, I'd love to know if they really work. We have a range that is almost completely thick grass.

So does anybody have any experience with these?

not really good in thick st augestine grass. but other than that they are good. you can buy the 9 of the handheld ones for the price of one of those though!!

One of our members bought one when they came out, it worked pretty good on low crap grass. Hasn't been used in the last few years, He and I are using the Dillon Nut Wizard now it's just easier, lighter, picks up less trash, less work.

The Nut wizard, best thing for an old guy with a bad back.

http://shop.southernbellebrass.com/p-40-brass-buggy-brass-collection-system.aspx

We are considering one of these for our club and with the price, I'd love to know if they really work. We have a range that is almost completely thick grass.

So does anybody have any experience with these?

I tried one twice, on concrete, and couldn't get the

hang of it - the owner worked it great !!!

If you press too hard, the brass falls right back out:(

We have 2 at our po-po range. They work well but we use them on concrete. Unsure how they would work elsewhere.

Yes we do and they do work good on concrete. The range stopped using them because the people using them were trying to pick up the cases while pulling it backwards breaking off the little fingers that push the cases into the basket.

• 2 weeks later...

Used one following Double Tap a month or so ago and found it very frustrating. The range surface was a combination of red clay sand and mostly small white rock with a random larger one here and there. Picks up when pushed forward only and while it picked up some, it also shoved a lot into the sand. Perhaps if I used it more I would like it better but I preferred picking up by hand. As it was, I had to rake to bring back to the top and then pick it up. In 100+ temps, that's just not fun so needless to say, much was left behind. Belongs to Lee Neel however and I think he loves the crazy thing.

Our range has little caliche rock and grass. Overall it works pretty well. What I don't like is it can pick up rocks and even cigarette butts. Also, one needs to open it up to get the contents out. However, if you get the appropriate size (a friend has one that is too big) they are nice, overall. Also, if amongst other people as you open it up you can whack them with the stick that is sticking out behind you. My friend paid the money to put a collaspable paint roller handle on his and that upped the price but made it neat.