Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chewing Tobacco

outerlimits

I "kicked the can" a year and a half back. I'm still waiting for the cravings to go away.

This is what scares me. I know how insane I get if I don't have a dip within an hour of waking. I couldnt go a month like that much less a year. Somebody told me one time that you can't quit until you don't enjoy it anymore. I hope thats not the case because I still love it.

I "kicked the can" a year and a half back. I'm still waiting for the cravings to go away.

This is what scares me. I know how insane I get if I don't have a dip within an hour of waking. I couldnt go a month like that much less a year. Somebody told me one time that you can't quit until you don't enjoy it anymore. I hope thats not the case because I still love it.

Sadly, me too.....

• 1 month later...

I quit 7 months ago. For me it was more breaking the habit then it was so much an addiction. I did gain a few pounds but I am much better off without it. It can be done. :cheers:

I'm five weeks free after dipping for 27 years (Copenhagen three cans a week). I think other than feeling drunk for a week the toughest part was breaking the daily bad habit. Don't get me wrong I could cut the seal on a fresh can of Cope right now.................but I'm not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Boys and girls today marks my one month of no snuff, normally a can a day. I dipped Cope for 22 years and stopped it cold turkey one day for 7 years then picked it back up during my divorce, 6 years later I quit it again and I sure hope that I don't pick it up again!

I don't recall a day that I didn't want a pinch of snuff after a meal but once you get it in your mind that you are going to quit it's easy. Later,

Kirk

I to dipped for 30+,a can a day. just quit one day left the cans sit on top of the refrig and its been 8 years now. It took a year to stop thinking about it and some things still trigger it.If i get to be 65 or so might start again but only leaf. I do miss it.

After dipping for 10 years, I finally quit this June. I just woke up one morning and decided that I wasn't going to do it anymore. The first week or so was horrible. I saw a guy get a dip at yesterday's match and told one of my friends that it was like seeing my ex making out with some random guy at the movies! Tons of benefits though: low blood pressure, better breathe, and I can go to sleep in about two minutes instead of tossing and turning for hours!