Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Monster Match 2011

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Registration is OPEN folks. It's going to be another great Monster Match, you don't want to miss it!! Follow the link to website for info on how to register. We are using online registration again this year.

TheMonsterMatch.net

• 3 weeks later...

Entries coming along well. I will be getting some info out today on the website as well as getting back to a lot of email questions and requests. Getting started on the stages as well. Hope to see y'all there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm a semi new shooter that can get a few days off at the end of October for the Monster Match. Plus, my parents only live a few miles away from the range! I was wondering if the monster match would be a good match for someone that hasnt shot anything besides local clubs? It sounds like a fun match.

Edited by silerlock

Silerlock,

The ultra high round counts of the individual stages do make it a bit intimidating for the newer shooter......and experienced shooter alike for that matter. But I don't set up any traps, don't try to trick anyone. I'm a competitor first and match director second so I like to set up stages that I think would be fun to shoot. That's the main goal of this match.....have fun!

I promise the match will be challenging, you will be worn out at the end of the day, but I'm willing to bet you will enjoy the experience.

Check out some of the video on the website from last year if you haven't already.

Hope you decide to make it.

Shannon

• 2 weeks later...

This friday is the cutoff for pre-order t-shirts. They are available from the website MatchSignUp.org.

We will have a few extra available at the match but the bulk are going to be pre-order.

It's shaping up to be a great match!!!!!!!

We accidently had a bunch of staff on a Saturday squad. I got them switched to Friday where they should be. So in case you weren't shooting due to a lack of Saturday openings there are a few open now though it is still getting close to full for Saturday.

Been getting stages converted to files all day, will start to post some sometime this week. It's gonna be a fun match!!

Stages are done and drawn up, I will start posting a few this week. Round count is going to be 380ish, 400 max.

Don't forget about the costume contest.....details will be on the website this week. I'm going to have a cool prize for the winner......

Still have plenty of room.....spread the word!!

Costume contest? Awesome! Shooting the Monster match will be epic, but shooting the Monster Match in a costume will be epic-er... Or something along those lines.

This is a don't miss match, folks. Every Monster Match has been a ton of fun, and this year's stages are going to a new level of awesome.

Hope to see you out there. Chances are there will be beer too...

Jim,

We expect nothing less from you! :cheers:

As one of Smitty's minions, I got a peek at the stages. Folks, this is going to be the best Monster Match yet. All the stages look awesome. It is going to be an epic match. It will be even more epic-er if you bring a costume.

Edited by baa

So at last night's match we had some rules questions on shooting in costume:

1) When wearing a costume that doesn't have belt loops, (gorilla suit, G-string, etc) how do we ensure compliance with USPSA equipment rules?

2) Since the staff are the judges for the costume contest, can they compete in the contest?

Hey! I said my G-String would have velcro hook and loop (sorry 3M, don't sue me!) attached to secure the outer-belt. I think this totally covers the USPSA rule for a secure holster!

Edited by baa

I am making a command decision now (after a rum and a half) that if you shoot in a G-String OR Gorilla suit OR similar I will be the final authority on legality. If your belt is waistish, it will be good to go.

As far as staff you ARE eligible for the costume contest provided you abide by the requirement of shooting the match in costume and remain unbiased in judging.

I've heard a couple good costume ideas......hope a lot of folks participate, it could be cool.

I will update the website this weekend or Monday with the official costume contest rules. I haven't figured the prize just yet but it will be something worth winning. Worth close to or more than the match fee in monetary value. Obviously priceless as sentimental value.