Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Carry holster

bomadera

• 2 weeks later...

Yet another vote for the Comp-tac MTAC in a very hot Atlanta summer! I carry a full size S&W M&P 9mm for daily carry in it. Have same style holster that is the "slide" version that fits all my small frame Glocks - g26, G17, and G34.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll echo those who recommended the Milt Sparks. Best leather IWB as long as you don't mind the cost and more importantly the wait. Otherwise, I've used the CompTac MTAC in some very hot zones and it got the job done nicely.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cross Breed Super Tuck with the horse hide for a 1911. Since I'm left handed the slide stop was digging into leather causing a significant problem drawing. After modifying the slide stop to be flush with the slide, the problem went away.

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried the following IWB holsters:

Raven Phantom

Blade-Tech Nano

Shielded Holsters

NTAC

Personal Security Systems

CompTac M-Tac

I currently only use the Comptac M-TAC for my G19. It is a compromise between comfort , access to gun , and concealment. The main thing I liked about the all kydex rigs was when reholstering it was VERY easy. The MTAC takes some practice and you have to really watch what you are doing. I do train with the MTAC but if I know I'm going to be making alot of draws and reholstering then I will usually switch to something all kydex.