Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GM/M combined

shred

But I also know that the only reason I finished that well was that others had problems.

Don't degrade your performance, Jamie ;) You shot a clean match with just a few Ds. You got the results your performance deserved ;)

Exactly. Others showed up with the gear...mind...whatever they had their problems with. All that is part of it. Good job.

But I also know that the only reason I finished that well was that others had problems.

Don't degrade your performance, Jamie ;) You shot a clean match with just a few Ds. You got the results your performance deserved ;)

Exactly. Others showed up with the gear...mind...whatever they had their problems with. All that is part of it. Good job.

Thanks - :)

I might be wrong about this but I think when the GM class was first proposed it was going to be for HOA ONLY. I think the intention was not to create another class but to say, " If you're this good, your goal ought to be HOA." Period.

Of course I don't think anyone envisioned there being as many GM level shooters as there are today either.

Al

Help, what is HOA

Thanks, newbee (far from it I'm sure)

• 5 weeks later...

This is a very interesting thread - SOB#1 really does deserve the top wood for the match as master - I think as USPSA members and active shooters that we really make it known that we want the rules at any match to be enforced.

Is not why we have them? Allot of people work very hard to put on the matches - local and Major - it really kicks them in the pants to have a couple of rule violations over looked or avoided by MD's which forces shooters to raise issues.

Edit - added "to"

Edited by KGentry

• 3 weeks later...

FWIW most of my question & Amidon's answer made it into Front Sight this month. Although it only calls out C and D, the ruling applies to all the classes. If read carefully, the answer applies to Level I and II matches as well-- so no combining classes, period.

Which brings up another point... can shooters register to compete in a higher classification than they've earned? I thought that used to be allowed, though 6.4.2 can be read as preventing it.

6.4.2 Only current USPSA classifications may be used in determining Class awards.

Doesn't seem to be allowed any more.

Which is just as well (not allowing registration for a higher class). Registering competitors in a major match is a project that goes on for some months. If you register Joe Shooter in a declared A class when he's really B, the next time you run classification updates on the match, Joe is going to get changed back to B class.

• 2 weeks later...
This is a very interesting thread - SOB#1 really does deserve the top wood for the match as master - I think as USPSA members and active shooters that we really make it known that we want the rules at any match to be enforced.

:roflol: