Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Turn on the dot,,dummy

KentG

Shot a large match last weekend and among other mental mistakes I went to the line and made ready, BEEP,,, I had forgot to turn on the dot on my shotgun. You can imagine how well that went and it rattled me so much I screwed up my pistol part of the stage.

This happened to me twice last month. The first stage I said f-it and just shot through irons and then five stages later I took the time to reach up and turn it on, probably costing me quite a few seconds.

I've done this a couple of times with Open pistols. I think just about everyone who has a dot sight on their platform has done it at least once. The last time I did it I drew on a close hoser array, saw the dot wasnt on, said F-it and used my Cmore as a big HUD and hosed the targets. It actually worked quite well with only a couple of D hits :roflol: :roflol: The 90 degree scope mount I'm running sure makes a difference. As I reloaded and moved to the next position I turned the dot on with the rest of the squad laughing at me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Shot a large match last weekend and among other mental mistakes I went to the line and made ready, BEEP,,, I had forgot to turn on the dot on my shotgun. You can imagine how well that went and it rattled me so much I screwed up my pistol part of the stage.

I see that happen at least once, in most USPSA matches :blush::wacko:;)

Not just with open guns: I was doing a Patrol Rifle Qual with my department, the RO gave the threat command, up comes the Yankee Hill Black Diamond, and the EO Tech was not turned on. I just put the square on the target and got all hits. After that stage I turned on the circel/dot, but the scoring was about the same with or without the dot. What does that tell ya?

It will happen again. Ihave done it a few times at local matches when I was working a lot, be it the timer or board, and then I would have to shoot. I would spend time on making sure of the route through the course and stage visualization that on LMR I would just insert, rack, and holster forgetting about the dot. I think it is easier to do if you constantly play in different divisions like I do.

It only seems to happen to me at three gun matches, three dots to turn on :wacko:

I am able to remember to turn on the ONE dot, at a pistol match....at least for now :roflol:

Jim

Ha! At that rate you will be able to hide your own easter eggs soon.

same thing sorta happened to me... thought i forgot to turn on my dot, but i really didn't. I was out of batteries instead. long story short, replace your batteries

Yup. I try to figure out how long they are supposed to last per optic and try to replace them at the halfway point. The new Leupy DeltaPoint should be good to go for a year at least and the FastFire I did twice this season just to be safe. The Meopta I did in the spring and figure it will go for a year. Hopefully.