Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Idea

lynn jones

I just had an idea, (shut up! i know). well, anyway, here goes. what if we had a timer that gave out the proper range commands. push a button and the LAMR is given properly then the buzzer goes off. at the end of the COF, push anohter button and then the IYAFUASC command.

what do you think?

lynn

That could work until we change the commands again..... with a RO controlled delay between LAMR and "Beep" of course.

Be positive, please. If such equipment would exist, it might record the words easily. In fact, there are answering machines w/o tapes that store the voice messages (and the welcome message) in a kind of static (but erasable) memory, and not on tapes.

Lynn,

The question is - what would be the benefit over the current policy? I fail to see any.

I just had an idea, (shut up! i know).  well, anyway, here goes.  what if we had a timer that gave out the proper range commands.  push a button and the LAMR is given properly then the buzzer goes off.  at the end of the COF, push anohter button and then the IYAFUASC command.

what do you think?

lynn

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by jhgtyre

I'm slow today.

I thought the proposal was for use in dry fire and was considering if there would be any added realism. I was thinking that occationally it should randomly insert non-standard commands to aid that realism :P:P

Kevin

Can anybody remind me what the official range commands are? ;)

Smoke 'em up, cowboy!

Ready?

Steady!

<beep>

If finished, show clear!

Slide forward, dry fire, holster.

Score and patch.

Or am I missed something?

Great idea! (Since many RO's cannot remember three simple commands before firing commences and three simple commands after firing ceases.)

Outcome-based education for USPSA RO's. Great idea!!!

Believe it or not, I am serious about my comments.

Too many times I have been waiting in the box or starting position for the RO to get ready. Then he comes over to me and says "Are you ready?" I say, "Please do not give me the commands out of sequence". He says "Can't I have a conversation with the shooter?".

I apoloigse for being so anal and make another enemy.

Just another day on the range.

I just checked the IPSC Constitution and people from Tennessee under the influence of Jack Daniels are specifically prohibited from having ideas, especially wacky ones  :P

LOL :lol::lol::lol:

(although I do love TN, and occasionally, Jack Daniels :blink: )