Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Front Sight USPSA E-Magazine

DyNo!

Front Sight magazine doesnt even have a facebook page.

USPSA barely uses theirs (even though they have 15,000 likes)

With just over 20,000 members, they have 15,000 'likes' on FB...let that sink in for a moment.

An electronic option seems like a good idea.

USPSA does seem to be somewhat behind the times electronically. It would be a nice feature to have an electronic version of the magazine available in addition to print. It would also be nice to have up to date information on a daily basis available online. There is so much more that could be done to market USPSA than what they are currently doing.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daily? :roflol: I would be happy if the latest press releases were less than 2 years old. (Yes, I know I'm beating this horse to death. USPSA hired a web site guy a few weeks ago. Why hasn't this been fixed?)

Daily? :roflol: I would be happy if the latest press releases were less than 2 years old. (Yes, I know I'm beating this horse to death. USPSA hired a web site guy a few weeks ago. Why hasn't this been fixed?)

Yeah, I've noticed that, too. Like I said, there is so much more that could be done.

I suspect that will be fixed before too long... :)

Just as long as they don't replace "Munier Crowned Florida Open Single Stack Champion" (2011 match) with "Hobdell Crowned Florida Open Single Stack Champion" (2012 match)

:ph34r::sight:

USPSA recently hired a new, in-house web guy. I met him this weekend, and he's really on the ball. There is a lot to fix on the web page, as many here have commented, and it's all on the list, believe me. He's working every day to bring USPSA to the electronic fore, so keep watching the web page for updates.

USPSA recently hired a new, in-house web guy. I met him this weekend, and he's really on the ball. There is a lot to fix on the web page, as many here have commented, and it's all on the list, believe me. He's working every day to bring USPSA to the electronic fore, so keep watching the web page for updates.

Yay!

• 3 weeks later...

I pay the extra chees to recieve the magazine , in print. Just to throw this out there, here goes nothing.

Monthly issues cover area matches and level 2 matches, all of them. USPSA gets the articles and pictures for level2 matches from club members and staff who attend. They send reps to area matches. Front sight pages increase to allow coverage of these events. Yearly fees increase to accomodate better magazine (50$ a year?). Articles still included.

Yearly front sight. Every member gets one and clubs get coppies to recruite members. Covers every national match, multigun included. Lots of ads that are not in monthly (do any of us need to be convinced that dillon presses are awesome, or that if funds were there brandon would build our next gun?)

May sound absurd, but the real problem with front sight, imho, is that it covers so little. How many editions are devoted to nationals? Several at least. How many of us know what happened at nationals xxxxxxx from this forum and the match results a month or two before the mag comes out? Move nats to yearly and concentrate monthly on the real backbone of our sport. All of the other "majors" that never make the cut.

Things i hate: typing on iphone.

• 2 weeks later...

The complaint of a e version of the magazine not attracting advertisers seems kind of out of date.

Why wouldn't the same folks who buy ads in the regular magazine not also do so for the e version?

All the other e mags out there are full of ads.

I get all my magazines, these days, as downloads or internet versions.

It's so nice making the pages as big as needed so reading glasses aren't required.

If they're in the other room, no need to even get off my duff and look for them.