Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is the best trigger to take up all pretraavel

AzShooter

I just bought a Glock 17 and it's a fine weapon. A local Glock expert did a trigger job and set it up at just over 3 lbs. that's not too bad. I remember years ago I had mine set to 2 lbs and perfect helping me win a number of matches around here.

The Glock holds up to thousands of rounds without malfunctions so now that I'm trying an auto again I figured I'd go back to what I know works.

But I can't get used to the pre travel. What is the best trigger option that will eliminate pretravel. I've seen the Vanek and the Glockmeister but are they the best or is there something better?

I run a Zev Ultimate and a Glocktriggers.com in my 2 24's. I've shot the Zev for a little over a year and the Glocktriggers is brand new and unfired except for a bunch of dryfire. The pretravel is adjustable on the Zev and the Glocktriggers is not, the Zev is also a little crisper but I think that has something to do with the lack of pretravel on the Zev.

Hope this sorta helps.

Brad

Shouldn't be to difficult to transition from a Revo to a Glock.

From Charlie Vaneks website, very simple and extremely effective.

http://www.vanekcustom.com/4.html

Custom Trigger Housing with Pre-Travel and Over-Travel Stops.

Gen4 Trigger Housings Available! This part allows you to fine tune the distance of the trigger pre-travel with a setscrew installed in front of the housing. The adjustable over-travel stop is preset when shipped and loctitied even though the setscrew has been installed in a way that it will not move under recoil, but can be fine tuned to your preference with the furnished hex wrench. The setscrew has been milled and polished on the end where the trigger bar hits for a smoother action...Disclaimer: When removing pre-travel the person installing this part must be knowledgeable how the safeties function and it is their responsibility to keep the safeties working.

But I can't get used to the pre travel. What is the best trigger option that will eliminate pretravel.

It's largely a matter of personal taste, but I'm not bothered that much by pre-travel. I have a Vanek Classic and I don't think that I would be happy with less than that. If you learn to ride the reset, then pre-travel is only an issue on the first shot anyway.

Glock 35 with stock trigger, Glocvk 24 with Vanek: the Vanek is worth the money. I am planning to buy a Vanek for the 35. I mailed Vanek Custom a money order on Wednsday, and got the new trigger on Monday. How's that for service

Look up SJC custom Glock AKA as Glock Jockey on the Web. They can Get the Trigger down to an insanely light crisp trigger. Priced at $260.00 Increibly sweet trigger but not for production Class.

Look up SJC custom Glock AKA as Glock Jockey on the Web. They can Get the Trigger down to an insanely light crisp trigger. Priced at $260.00 Increibly sweet trigger but not for production Class.

That may go full auto on you

the first shot has a little pre travel after that it is click boom click boom I don't notice it until I have to reload might just me me :sight:

Edited by Odawgp

But I can't get used to the pre travel. What is the best trigger option that will eliminate pretravel.

It's largely a matter of personal taste, but I'm not bothered that much by pre-travel. I have a Vanek Classic and I don't think that I would be happy with less than that. If you learn to ride the reset, then pre-travel is only an issue on the first shot anyway.

+1

After buying my 35, I picked up Vanek's Classic. After install and dry firing I could tell a huge difference, but I still noticed the pre-travel. The reset was very nice during dry fire.

Today at the range (first time with new trigger) I didn't even think of the pre-travel once the blood was pumping and loved the reset. Break was very defined and easily burned into muscle memory.