Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What uspsa divisions can my stock Mp40 pro comptete in?

Your best bet for now is L10. Yes you could shoot in production but would lose the major power factor that factory 40 sw would give you. Once you get some money, then you can mod it up but several in my club shoot stock glock (22/23), XD (4 and 5 inch) and MP. They are not on top of the board all the time but they do ok.

The S&W M&P 5”40 pro is not production legal.

The S&W M&P 5”40 pro is legal in open, limited, and limited 10.

S&W has not produced 2000 units of this model yet, until they make 2000 and get USPSA approval it is not legal for production.

S&W has not produced 2000 units of this model yet, until they make 2000 and get USPSA approval it is not legal for production.

It seems really surprising they have not made 2k yet. MP's of any model are selling pretty well these days.

I think I'll try it out in L10 and see what happens.

It seems really surprising they have not made 2k yet. MP's of any model are selling pretty well these days.

Julie said they were close, it will be all the matter getting the paperwork turned in afterwards.

So well so....that these guns are relatvely difficult to acquire. All the online stored are out of stock. I wanted to obtain through Cabellas in DFW and their "special order" guy could not locate with 5 of their 6 suppliers....whatever that means? He said he was going to contact the Company directly?

How does the .40 at about 130pf compare to the 9mm at the same pf? I guess there's two rules of thoughts, why shoot a 40 if you don't have to but at the same time, would be cool to be able to bounce back and forth between limited and production with the same gun.

• 4 weeks later...

How does the .40 at about 130pf compare to the 9mm at the same pf? I guess there's two rules of thoughts, why shoot a 40 if you don't have to but at the same time, would be cool to be able to bounce back and forth between limited and production with the same gun.

I have been shooting minor loads in my 40 Pro, it is very soft shooting. I use a 180 grain lead bullet and 2.8 to 3 grains of Clays. Liked it so much I sold my M+P Pro 9. Hopefully it will be production legal soon or I may not like it as much.