Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TEXAS MULTIGUN 2012

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need a snickers bar!!!! I got it all, I actually have 3-4 emails from you that gave me the info I needed but i went straight to the website instead of to my emails :wacko: and tried to register.

its all good, i have my snicker bar back-up in hand, (screwdriver with absolut) and my forms are printed :roflol:

now I just have to see if I got a stamp???..................woo hoo!!! stamps galore.

Trapr

Thanks for the link to the rules.

Just want to clarify at this point regarding WWII rifle configurations in case the question should come up later.

Per the rules for WWII, a muzzle brake/compensator on the rifle would be OK?

Just want to clarify at this point regarding WWII rifle configurations in case the question should come up later.

Dang. You guys are always looking for an edge. Have to confirm with the General, but while brakes and comps are not specifically prohibited, neither Garand nor 303 Enfield had one, therefore having one in WW2 division is not allowed.

Might be a good time to remind about steel jacketed ammo in WW2 division. Just about all the 30-06 surplus is steel jacketed, even ammo you might not expect to be. For instance, both Greek HXP and most Lake City (LC) have steel jacketed bullets and are prohibited, as of this writing. I checked my personal stash LC, and it attracts a magnet.

If you are shooting any kind of mil surp in any caliber be sure to check your ammo with a magnet. That includes pulled mil surp bullets too.

I have a can of Korean mil surp that sticks to a magnet, I have another can of Korean mil surp with a different lot number and it does not stick. Go figure.

Dang. You guys are always looking for an edge. Have to confirm with the General, but while brakes and comps are not specifically prohibited, neither Garand nor 303 Enfield had one, therefore having one in WW2 division is not allowed.

Might be a good time to remind about steel jacketed ammo in WW2 division. Just about all the 30-06 surplus is steel jacketed, even ammo you might not expect to be. For instance, both Greek HXP and most Lake City (LC) have steel jacketed bullets and are prohibited, as of this writing. I checked my personal stash LC, and it attracts a magnet.

Steel jacketed it is not. it has a lot of antimony in it. Cut the bullet open and take a peek. Lead core, copper plated alloy (with a lot of tin.) this has been discussed in another thread. the steel core stuff is black tipped and will definitely mess up a target. the .223 M193, which is not steel jacketed will damage a target a 100 yards worse than this stuff. by the by, my LC does not draw a magnet. Most of it is from the late 60s.

:sight:

Edited by 1chota

Well, my LC69 attracts a magnet. I know some LC68 and LC70 does as well. If yours does not, great, you are GTG. I am just passing on the information: If it attracts a magnet, it is not allowed. The targets took a beating last year, out of proportion to what M193 should have done over the course of the match. Whether it was M193 or M855 or steel jacketed 308 surplus does not matter. If you wish to appeal directly to the Match Director, feel free. If you convince him, we all benefit. :cheers:

Believe me, I would love to shoot my HXP ammo rather than tool up a new caliber on the 550 or buy AE3006M1 from CMP at $0.75/rd, choices which might leave me out of WW2 for this match.

Lee

A web check reveals Greek M2 Ball 30.06 has a bi-metal jacket that will may attract a magnet.

My Greek M2 ball DOES attract a magnet. Steel? Dunno. I may sacrifice a couple rounds and see if they rust.

I have to check mine. Ordered 500 150 grain 30 cal Hornady FMJBT from Midway.

No better yet...X-ray machines or an MRI machine...we shall spare no expense. Seriously though, steel jacketed ammo doesn't hurt steel per se, it's the armor piercing steel core stuff, i.e. black tip .30 cal and green tip 5.56.

that was them cross-bred termites. they been had by them africanized bees and fire-ants. they eat through anything!

:cheers:

No better yet...X-ray machines or an MRI machine...we shall spare no expense. Seriously though, steel jacketed ammo doesn't hurt steel per se, it's the armor piercing steel core stuff, i.e. black tip .30 cal and green tip 5.56.

I call "Not It" helping DocMcG unload that from the truck.