Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Patrick F. McManus

and Retch Sweeny, I started reading him when he wrote for Field and stream I dug in fence posts to pay for a subscription, then he switched to outdoor life, I was not a happy camper, I actually have one of his books onboard now. I bought it years ago and found it cleaning up so threw it in my bag.

I was a huge fan in my youth - always read his stuff in F&S.

For my 10th or 11th birthday, my mom wrote him directly and arranged for an autographed copy of "They Shoot Canoes Don't They" that I still have. Have at least one other of his books as well.

I have never met Pat even though he was a Fish and Game Officer here in Idaho but I used to work with his Cousin Jimmy Lee McManus . Jimmy was a walking advertisement for Jeff Foxworthy's "You might be a Redneck If" quotes . Comedy must run in the family ;)

Patrick F. McManus!

I started reading his monthly columns in the 1970's starting with the original “The Teachings of Rancid Crabtree”, saved every issue of F&S and OL (that are probably still in my mother's attic) and have every compilation book in print.

My “ Cousin Eddie” was an Uncle, only 1 year my senior, who seemed to talk me into being the test pilot of our many adventures, not the least of which was our attempt to turn a filing cabinet into a canoe.

He and Gene Hill are my favorite authors from that time and I still enjoy their work today.

Edited by GunCat

Patrick F. McManus!

I started reading his monthly columns in the 1970's starting with the original “The Teachings of Rancid Crabtree”, saved ever issue of F&S and OL (that are probably still in my mothers attic) and have every compilation book in print.

My “ Cousin Eddie” was an Uncle, only 1 year my senior, who seemed to talk me into being the test pilot of our many adventures, not the least of which was our attempt to turn a filing cabinet into a canoe.

He and Gene Hill are my favorite authors from that time and I still enjoy their work today.

The Bo Tully mysteries are great also. There are few books I keep and read multiple times. I have not read Gene Hill, but will have to check him out!

R

Pat is one of the best. Got all of his books and read just about all of the articles I could get my hands on. Subscribed to OL for years just for the Last Laugh then spent a lot of time in airport news stands reading the Last Laugh, for free.