Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extended Base Pads

jrbet83

Does anyone make an extended base pad that doesn't add rounds to magazine. I'm looking for something that's maybe just twice as thick as the stock base pads to help with reloads but would still fit in the box.

Lightning strike make some. They are good quality I have used them in L10 with my SJC magwell when I had it.

I have 2 sitting around I would sell if your interested...

Blcksmk

quote "I'm pretty sure the aluminum one's would put me over weight. The plastic one's I'd doubt would add much weight if any really "

please elborate on the over weight concern.

Edited by shooter.860

quote "I'm pretty sure the aluminum one's would put me over weight. The plastic one's I'd doubt would add much weight if any really "

please elborate on the over weight concern.

sorry guys, this is for my Glock 34 Production gun. So by rule it can only weight so much and it has to fit within the uspsa box. that's why i can't run the bigger ones that add rounds....they'd be too big. as well as the aluminum ones. my gun with empty magazine is 3/4 of an oz from being over weight, so i can't add much.

!~silly question alert~!

Why do you want an extended base if you dont want to add rounds? :blink: Production can only be loaded to 10 anyway. I have not seen a G34 in a box yet, but there can't be much room for anything other than a stock basepad anyway if you want it to fit.

The lightning strike will fit in the IDPA Box on a g34, but it's a tight fit, depending on the front sight height. They weigh 1.2 oz.

The Glockmeister weigh less, but are longer (don't fit the IDPA box).

I really like the Jentra glue on ones. I also use a gen3 G34 for production. It helps seat the mag faster and adds a little protection when you drop them. they are expensive for what they are, but nice because you can dremel them easily for a different fit and they have a hole in them so you can still take the mags apart. There is plenty of room in the USPSA box with Jentra pads on the bottom of your mags.

Lightning strike make some. They are good quality I have used them in L10 with my SJC magwell when I had it.

I have 2 sitting around I would sell if your interested...

Blcksmk

PM sent...

Replied.