Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BBI

i have had bullets ordered since 3/27/11 but no bullets. i saw where they charged me though. Look at Bayou bullets. Donnie has the 147's with the same shape. Give him a call. That's what i'm fixing to do. He will also send you a sample pack. Not sure I will repeat business with BBI. No answered emails or phone calls and NO BULLETS

I was about to run out of bullets while waiting on my BBI order (placed on 5/3) and sent Donnie at Bayou Bullets an email asking for a price list and estimated shipping date. He replied back to me within 10 minutes and said to give him a call...at 7:30PM...last Sunday night!! The bullets were on my porch on Wednesday.

I was charged soon after I placed my order with BBI, but didn't receive my bullets for 2 months. When I finally got them, about 1 out of 10 were completely unusable. Either the coating had dripped and hardened, or something had obviously been messed up when they came off the mold. The bases were so misformed that I couldn't seat them if I wanted to. Also, a handful were very undersized. I have received no response after multiple emails and calls, which is the same customer service I experienced when I was trying to track on my order. Every time I see a complaint on here, someone always makes excuses for what has been going on, and then someone from BBI comments how they will make it right ASAP. Well, BBI, I don't think it should take attention on a popular forum for you to finally respond to customer concerns.

I must say from a dealer standpoint, depending on who you use, some websites will capture your funds when you place that order.

As far as BBI, they are getting caught up, they are probably 6 weeks or less out from order to delivery. We all must remember that Tom and Tony have other jobs and do the bullets on the side. They also sponsor uspsa matches across the country,and have been doing the Area 4 match for many years. If you have ever put a match together or talk to someone who puts a match together, and ask them how much work it is, they will all tell you the same thing. Its People like Tony and Tom that make big matches happen, with their generous contribution of their time and money to make things work out. Also they have a contigency program for all shooters who want to participate, that gives away free bullets to people who win their classes at major events that they sponsor.

I think they do alot for this sport. Let give them a break! I shoot their bullets and I haven't had any problems...

-Sean

I have never been billed for something a week before it shipped. It is well over 6 weeks and I am giving them a break. Not trying to bash BBI I have shot with Tony and he is a great guy. He gave me FREE bullets to try out. I just don't like being billed for something I didn't get.

I must say from a dealer standpoint, depending on who you use, some websites will capture your funds when you place that order.

As far as BBI, they are getting caught up, they are probably 6 weeks or less out from order to delivery. We all must remember that Tom and Tony have other jobs and do the bullets on the side. They also sponsor uspsa matches across the country,and have been doing the Area 4 match for many years. If you have ever put a match together or talk to someone who puts a match together, and ask them how much work it is, they will all tell you the same thing. Its People like Tony and Tom that make big matches happen, with their generous contribution of their time and money to make things work out. Also they have a contigency program for all shooters who want to participate, that gives away free bullets to people who win their classes at major events that they sponsor.

I think they do alot for this sport. Let give them a break! I shoot their bullets and I haven't had any problems...

-Sean

Well said. I use their bullets too and know both Tom and Tony, they are great guys. Don't wait until you are almost out of bullets and then expect them to be at your doorstep before the next match. I do agree that they could be a bit more available for their custumers but I know for a fact that they are working as fast as they can to fill all of our orders. I will use BBI for the rest of my shooting career, the price is right and they are great guys.

My order of 147's (6k) took over 3 months to receive. As has been said, the quality was not what it has been in the past. Casting looked rough on most, and the coating looked uneven. For the price, still great bullets though.

my case of .40 180 grain bullets took about a month from order to delivery. I can understand the delay due to problems with their lead supplier. My card was charged just prior to shipment.

X2.... got a large order of 147gr 9mm's, 230gr .45's and 180gr .40's. All were very nice quality and shot very well. Was surprised to see they chrono'd faster than the bare cast bullets I'd been using. My card got charged about a week out which is what their website said, everything was as expected.

my case of .40 180 grain bullets took about a month from order to delivery. I can understand the delay due to problems with their lead supplier. My card was charged just prior to shipment.

X2.... got a large order of 147gr 9mm's, 230gr .45's and 180gr .40's. All were very nice quality and shot very well. Was surprised to see they chrono'd faster than the bare cast bullets I'd been using. My card got charged about a week out which is what their website said, everything was as expected.

Thats awesome! Maybe they are getting caught up and back on track. Its about time to order again....