Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best standard C-More mount?

Aircooled6racer

Hello: I was wondering what the best standard(upright) C-More mount is? After seeing the Limcat flex it got me wondering which one is the best. Let me know what you guys think. G-Man, I did do a search and could not find anything :roflol: I know your vote is for the Brazos offset one. Thanks, Eric

Serendipity.

Doesn't cost extra. Doesn't weigh as much as an aluminum mount plus the sight. Keeps the lens lower to the bore axis than a seperate mount.

Not sure what the downside is. A mount leg on the right side of the frame? I don't know.

Just sayin'.

I just got into open, but the weigand mount on my open gun seems rock solid. It's a Gen 3 with the top milled flat for a slide ride . I would think that the aluminum double sided mounts like these would be the strongest.

If you are concerned about the stability, then I would say the SVI two-sided one should be the best. My guns usually have the fixed racker on the right, so I prefer the one-sided mounts. I tried several, and can't see much difference between, say, Allchin and Brazos - both are very well made. But my guns don't have ejection problems... if you expect them, then offset mount makes sense.

Hello: I can tune the ejector so that is not a problem (thanks Benny) :cheers: I know the two sided mounts and C-More Serendipity would be more stable than a single sided mount. I just thought someone may have tried some of the others to see which one is the most stable. Thanks, Eric

Hello: I can tune the ejector so that is not a problem (thanks Benny) :cheers: I know the two sided mounts and C-More Serendipity would be more stable than a single sided mount. I just thought someone may have tried some of the others to see which one is the most stable. Thanks, Eric

Question why would anybody want a standard mount when you can get the SideMore mounts which let you actually put the dot where you want to shoot? Are you putting together a gun for the smithsonian Museum? I'll bet its in .45 ACP with a bushing comp as well. :roflol:

Serendipity.

Doesn't cost extra. Doesn't weigh as much as an aluminum mount plus the sight. Keeps the lens lower to the bore axis than a seperate mount.

Not sure what the downside is. A mount leg on the right side of the frame? I don't know.

Just sayin'.

+1 My vote always goes to the Serendipity. Lightweight, cheap, etc., etc.

Question why would anybody want a standard mount when you can get the SideMore mounts which let you actually put the dot where you want to shoot? Are you putting together a gun for the smithsonian Museum? I'll bet its in .45 ACP with a bushing comp as well. :roflol:

I'm sorry but that was damn funny! :ph34r::roflol::sight:

Question why would anybody want a standard mount when you can get the SideMore mounts

Maybe because someone tried the side mounts and did not like them? Oh... the horror!

Question why would anybody want a standard mount when you can get the SideMore mounts which let you actually put the dot where you want to shoot?

Maybe because he don't want to look like he's shooting a lop sided gun? :goof::roflol:

I just thought someone may have tried some of the others to see which one is the most stable. Thanks, Eric

I shot with three different one-sided mounts and two kinds of two-sided (the Serendipity and the SVI), and did not see any difference. What do you mean by "stable"? The ability to hold zero? That is more the sight issue, in my view.

Hello: Ron you are funny guy maybe we should call you CoooCooo :roflol: Looks like any two sided mount will be the strongest even the Serendipity which will crack over time. Some guys like the upright mount over the sideways mounts so it got me wondering. I am using a sideways mount and like it but I also shoot iron sights so it helps me. Thanks, Eric

Looks like any two sided mount will be the strongest even the Serendipity which will crack over time.

Could you please explain what you mean by this.

The only cracks I have ever seen in C-More have been user induced. Bases will crack if screws are overtightened.

I have seen them rammed into ports, hitting the upper edges with the lens and not look much worse for wear or lose zero.

I just don't understand the "will crack over time" comment.

Looks like any two sided mount will be the strongest even the Serendipity which will crack over time.

Could you please explain what you mean by this.

The only cracks I have ever seen in C-More have been user induced. Bases will crack if screws are overtightened.

I have seen them rammed into ports, hitting the upper edges with the lens and not look much worse for wear or lose zero.

I just don't understand the "will crack over time" comment.

+1 seen of bunch of those, cracked by over zelous tightening, well you can't use Red Locktite or you will melt it to get the screws out.

Eric good luck with the new mount, and if you get one of those Serengettys if it cracks just whack the mount off and make it a slide ride, and turn it sideways. I was kidding about the 45 acp.

Well I could maybe change my handle to PocoLoco but that means a little crazy, nobody wants to be little, maybe MuchoLoco!

Edited by CocoBolo

Hello: I have seen the area around the mounting holes crack. I can't say it was owner error or not. I have also seen some that were cracked near the C-More body-again can't say what did that. I know they can be cut to make them a slide ride since that is what C-More does. Ron I have seen some of those old open 45 and 38 super single stacks and they are very cool. Benny had one at his shop that was just beautiful. Maybe someone can shed some light on the Serendipity? I am tempted to get a Serendipity and try it to see how it holds up. Thanks, Eric

+1 seen of bunch of those, cracked by over zelous tightening, well you can't use Red Locktite or you will melt it to get the screws out.

I don't understand that comment either ...... why would you want to take the screws out? I used red loctite because I never want to take the screws out. I plan on shooting that crazy little Serenghettie open gun until it dies. 5 years so far, and it's still going strong. B)

Eric, I suppose it's possible to get a bad one, and something I never thought of until just now, is what if you get a C-More that doesn't want to hold zero ...... then you certainly would want to (need to) get the screws out to have it repaired. Thus requiring you to remove not only the C-more, but essentially the mount too. Much easier to get the Slide Ride Cmore off a mount than the mount off the gun.

As far as the two-sided mounts go, the SV is perhaps the best, but they all are less convenient in cleaning than the single-sided ones. Regarding the Serendipity - blue LockTite is more than enough for them, I would never use red one there.