Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I hate People that talk on their cell phone and drive

vxhybrid

Every day i drive past 50+ people that are busy talking on their cell while driving. about 5 of those are driving about 5 under the speedlimit because they are too distracted to drive.........

At least once per month someone will try to merge into me on my motorcycle because they are too busy on their cell to look before they merge.....

Just had to get that off my chest

Two people tried to move into my lane today without looking, both were using cell-phones. The worse offenders are the ones that drive around car parks while talking on the phone. There are people (including small children) all over the place, an accident waiting to happen.

Hate it as well, hate cell phones period. $25 per offense, doesn't go on your license (so they can continue to do it) and no limit as to how many you can get. States would be debt free within 2 years. Hell, departments could hire more Leo's with the extra income and probably catch more bad guys due to more traffic stops. Sounds like a plan to me.

I do it all day every day. I am an outside salesman and I spend 4-5 hours a day in the car and most of that is on the phone. I do use a handsfree earbud and try to keep my attention on the road, but I do have to dial occasionally. I do read emails while driving too. Not saying that it is safe or the desired way, but for some of us, there ain't much of a choice.

I agree with you that it is a problem and some people are not as good at it as others, but it is just one of those things that we all have to accept. Not reckless driving, just that some people have to talk on the phone while driving.

Don't hate!

In CT, talking in your cell phone without a hands-free device is a $200 offense, and as a LEO I hand out 2-5 infractions a day for this, but I still see people do it continuously.

In CT, talking in your cell phone without a hands-free device is a $200 offense, and as a LEO I hand out 2-5 infractions a day for this, but I still see people do it continuously.

The hands free device (while legally relevant in your instance) doesn't do much anyway. The problem is concentrating on the phone and not the road...not holding the phone.

I am surprised, however, that knowing that people won't stop using phones and driving, that legislatures think that simply requiring a hands free device solves the problem. :( It doesn't.

Every day i drive past 50+ people that are busy talking on their cell while driving. about 5 of those are driving about 5 under the speedlimit because they are too distracted to drive.........

At least once per month someone will try to merge into me on my motorcycle because they are too busy on their cell to look before they merge.....

common occurance with me also. I try not to ride next to cars. I'll stay behind and accelerate past them when it's clear. Seeing them looking down and texting is worse. :angry2:

I am so with you on this. It happens nearly every day that the guy running up behind you stopped on a motorcycle at a light or the bozo merging into your lane never looking to see if anyone is there, turns out to be yacking on their phone.

Earlier this week I actually had a lady cussing at me after I kicked her car door as she merged into my lane with her PT Cruzer. I was boxed in and had nowhere to go. All I could think to say to her was "Get off your **** phone and drive". It seems so inadequate for what I was feeling.

SS

I do it all day every day. I am an outside salesman and I spend 4-5 hours a day in the car and most of that is on the phone. I do use a handsfree earbud and try to keep my attention on the road, but I do have to dial occasionally. I do read emails while driving too. Not saying that it is safe or the desired way, but for some of us, there ain't much of a choice.

I agree with you that it is a problem and some people are not as good at it as others, but it is just one of those things that we all have to accept. Not reckless driving, just that some people have to talk on the phone while driving.

Don't hate!

bsflag.gif

Really? We had sales reps 20 years ago, how the @*#@ did they manage to do it then. Let me guess, you drive better after a beer cause it makes you pay more attention to.

Edited by WDB

God bless you because every time I'm going up I-84 into MA I have to put up with multiple offenders switching lanes while talking on their cell phones. It drives me nuts! Like seriously, if the message is so important just go to the closest rest stop and call back.

Don't hate!

bsflag.gif

Really? We had sales reps 20 years ago, how the @*#@ did they manage to do it then. Let me guess, you drive better after a beer cause it makes you pay more attention to.

Lighten up Francis... :roflol:

Don't hate!

I totally disagree!!! there is never a reason to drive and talk... let alone answer an email!!!! you can always pull over. Studies have shown that driving while distracted on a cell phone is worse than drunk driving.

I hope you would agree that NO one should ever drink and drive.....