Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bianchi Countdown

Allan H

Bags packed yesterday, repacked tonight, and probably repacked again tomorrow, I leave Wednesday evening. Taking no ammo, and buggerall else.

Car in place, test driven and fuelled.

1050 assembled and ready, primers, powder, projectiles all sorted.

Just need to turn up and buy beer.

Insurance not sorted but I have 22 hours.

All,

We are sharing this from (3) three time Women's Champion - Edith Almeida

"Dear Organising Committee,

As so often is during May, I think of the Bianchi Cup and the pleasant times had during the Match in Columbia. Through the internet it is wonderful being able to follow the happenings each year.

30 Years ago I was Edith Almeida and the first Bianchi Lady Champion, which title I held for three consecutive years. Now I have remarried and my name is Edith Lubitz, I am still an active shooter and train the youngsters of today to be the champions of tomorrow.

I would like to wish the ladies as well as all the competitors, great scores, stunning matches and happy reunions with shooting friends throughout the world.

Many thanks to you the Organisers together with the Sponsors for achieving such a successful event.

Please pass my congratulations on to the worthy new Champions of 2011.

My very best wishes

Edith Lubitz"

I'm looking forward to it as well. Got my Metallic gun sighted in, doesn't run 100%, got my Open gun from the smith last Thursday, doesn't run 90%. I cut open the end of my thumb trying to epoxy on a magwell extension and have 4 stitches in the end of it, my left wrist is sprained from God knows what, my holster for the open gun won't give the gun up and I still haven't figured out how to get the Open gun out of the holster, into my left hand and against the barricade in time. Yep, I'm ready.

I'm really hoping the reliability issues are all mag related, I'm pretty sure they are and I'll be picking up a new set tonight, the cut should heal by then. Safariland is taking awesome care of me on the holster, serves me right for buying someone elses used problem child, the wrist I'm just going to have to deal with. I'm hoping the barricade thing will sort itself out when I get a holster I can actually get the gun out of. On the upside that Open gun is really awesome. I haven't shot it for groups yet at 50. Just sighting it in at 25 Yds of the barricade was a bit of a weird experience though, shoot three, only one hit on the target. Took me about three groups before I realized they were all going into the same hole. Maybe .40 outside to outside? That Doug Carden makes some good ammo.

NRA Equipment Truck gets packed and leaves Fairfax, VA on Monday with scheduled arrival in Columbia, MO on Wednesday 18 May.

The rest of the NRA Staff start arriving on Saturday, 21 May & the rest of the Championship Staff starting to arrive on Sunday, 22 May.

See ya all there!

Getting the final touches finished on the Secure Firearm Products Team Ammo and firearms. We will be introducing a new product specifically geared to NRA Action Pistol.

I want to wish all my friends a safe trip and we will see you in Columbia on Sat. 21st.

David

All is normal on my end. Shooting semi autos this year, open and metallic for the aggregate. As usual [normal] as of right now, I don't have either one of the guns! Practice is over rated anyhow, right? Hopefully will get the open gun tomorrow, and haven't heard on the metallic gun.

Looking forward to seeing all the shooters, and welcome back to Irv Stone of Bar Sto, as well as Micky Fowler and Bruce Gray and others. Should be one helluva a tournament. I hope I am not just a spectator.

MJ :roflol:

FYI...This went out to Columbia, MO today!

NATIONAL RIFLE ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA

Incorporated 1871

11250 Waples Mill Road, Fairfax, VA 22030

For Immediate Release Media Contact: Kerrin Brinkman

May 12, 2011 kbrinkman@nrahq.org or (703) 267-1595

2011 MidwayUSA & NRA Bianchi Cup returns to Columbia

COLUMBIA, MO – The NRA National Action Pistol Championship, also known as the MidwayUSA & NRA Bianchi Cup, will return to Green Valley Rifle & Pistol Club outside Columbia, Missouri, from May 25-28, 2011. Nearly 270 of the top action pistol shooters from around the world will descend upon Columbia to compete in this prestigious championship.

MidwayUSA is the title sponsor of the competition and will be awarding $15,000 in cash prizes for first-time Production Class shooters. First-time Men, Women & Junior competitors using a production firearm and achieving the highest aggregate score of all (4) four Championship Events will be awarded $2,500 for 1st Place, $1,500 for 2nd Place, and $750 for 3rd place.

“With the support of MidwayUSA and other industry sponsors, the NRA Bianchi Cup just keeps getting bigger and better year after year, and we are expecting a record attendance in 2011,” said Mike Krei, Director of NRA's Competitive Shooting Division.

This generous sponsorship makes MidwayUSA’s total cash contribution to the 2011 MidwayUSA & NRA Bianchi Cup $65,000, and adds substantially to the over $300,000 in cash and prizes that will awarded this year. Additional sponsors include Action Target, the official target sponsor of the 2011 MidwayUSA & NRA Bianchi Cup and Bushmaster, Colt, Safariland, Sig Sauer Inc., Smith & Wesson, and Universal Coin & Bullion.

Since its inception in 1979, the NRA Bianchi Cup has retained its original course of fire, consisting of four events: Practical, Barricade, Moving Target and Falling Plates. Speed and accuracy is the key to winning the Championship. Each event is timed and worth 480 points, equaling a total of 1920 possible points. Action pistol competitors are permitted to use a two-handed grip, and competitors must start with their guns holstered. This dynamic type of competition makes the match more appealing to spectators.

The 2011 MidwayUSA & NRA Bianchi will also include the Bushmaster Tactical Carbine Challenge and the Colt Speed Event and Celebrity Pro-Am Speed Event featuring country music stars Mark Wills and Bo Bice, actor Patrick Kilpatrick, mounted cowboy action celebrity Kenda Lenseigne, and former MLB player and Friends of NRA TV host Matt Duff.

For more information on the 2011 MidwayUSA & NRA Bianchi Cup, or the NRA Action Shooting Program, contact Damien Orsinger at 703-267-1478 or bianchicup@nrahq.org For more information on NRA Competitive Shooting Sponsorships, please visit www.nrasportsponsors.com or contact Woody Arenas in the NRA Competitive Shooting Division at 703-267-1469 or warenas@nrahq.org. For more information about MidwayUSA, offering Just About Everything for Shooting, Reloading, Gunsmithing and Hunting, please visit www.midwayusa.com.

Edited by NRAActionPistol

Bags packed yesterday, repacked tonight, and probably repacked again tomorrow, I leave Wednesday evening. Taking no ammo, and buggerall else.

Car in place, test driven and fuelled.

1050 assembled and ready, primers, powder, projectiles all sorted.

Just need to turn up and buy beer.

Insurance not sorted but I have 22 hours.

Fridge already has beer in it, 92 F today. See you at STL B)

Ring them pronto.

When did you put it in?

Mine came back in 14days. Maybe they know your Australian?

Initially on the 30th March, then again last Monday 2nd May, then again this morning. Do you have a number for them? All I have been able to get is a fax number.

Cheers

Jimbo

Edited by Stats770

Return Fax that mine came from was 304-616-4551 The Form has a phone number to call for additional infomation (304-616-4550)

Good luck

EXCELLENT! Thanks mate, I owe you a beer! Look me up at The Cup - I'm the little Aussie guy! Will have to wait till their office hours I guess - it's 12.30 in the middle of the day here now but night time with you guys!

I appreciate it!

Cheers

Jimbo

(Just had a look at my form; there is no number on it :( )

Edited by Stats770

Just had a phone call from GM IPROD as he was boarding the plane at gate 6 Auckland Airport.

I am bringing the things he forgot today when I fly out on Sunday :D

Just had a nasty thought; Who is going to bring over the stuff I forget on Sunday as I am the last to fly out :surprise:

Yes Allan, I will turn the light out.

See you all soon

Coatesy

Edited by goldfieldshooter

I (unfortunately) can beat the thumb stitches. Have been practicing a LOT over the last few months and have been shooting very well. Will shoot Metallic as Primary and Open aggregate. Last weekend I managed to wreck my neck. Bulged disc at C5, and "extruded" disc at C6, both pushing on nerves. Can not feel my right hand index finger and part of my palm. Right bicep muscle is shut off, can't lift a 5# bar bell over my head. Going to the Neurosurgeon tomorrow AM.

Don't really need my right arm anyhow right? All it does is work the trigger :( My optimistic approach is that this is going to make me slow down a bit and focus more which should give me better scores...That's my story and ...

See you at the cup!!!! This ought to be interesting...

Mark

Edited by Spangler

I (unfortunately) can beat the thumb stitches. Have been practicing a LOT over the last few months and have been shooting very well. Will shoot Metallic as Primary and Open aggregate. Last weekend I managed to wreck my neck. Bulged disc at C5, and "extruded" disc at C6, both pushing on nerves. Can not feel my right hand index finger and part of my palm. Right bicep muscle is shut off, can't lift a 5# bar bell over my head. Going to the Neuor suregeon tomorrow AM.

Don't really need my right arm anyhow right? All it does is work the trigger :( My optimistic approach is that this is going to make me slow down a bit and focus more which should give me better scores...That's my story and ...

See you at the cup!!!! This ought to be interesting...

Mark

Mark,

You'll be fine. You have two weeks to heal!

MJ :cheers:

Hi Mark, are you going to MI before the Bianchi?

I can help you with the neck problem. You don't need it anyway. if your eyes are working and you can stand, you can shoot.

Remember Kevin MUNCHED his triger finger the day before the match in Bedford, he did good.

See you soon

Russell

Canuck

:devil:

Return Fax that mine came from was 304-616-4551 The Form has a phone number to call for additional infomation (304-616-4550)

Good luck

EXCELLENT! Thanks mate, I owe you a beer! Look me up at The Cup - I'm the little Aussie guy! Will have to wait till their office hours I guess - it's 12.30 in the middle of the day here now but night time with you guys!

I appreciate it!

Cheers

Jimbo

(Just had a look at my form; there is no number on it :( )

OK, rang the ATF this morning and the lady told me they had my application and she would put in a request to expidite it's processing so I receive it next week (fingers firmly crossed!)

Jimbo

Edited by Stats770