Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bianchi Countdown

Allan H

Okay stitches are out, mags are swapped, both guns are running. Extra high pad for Metallic gun installed, still need to add another 1/2 inch or so to the open gun. Feeling pretty good now. I have one more practice day on Wednesday, then I'm on a plane to KC. Midwest 3 Gun this weekend and onto the practice range. Bruce I'm coming for you (you know, to shake your hand, not to beat you or anything, I'm not that dumb :goof: )

Okay stitches are out, mags are swapped, both guns are running. Extra high pad for Metallic gun installed, still need to add another 1/2 inch or so to the open gun. Feeling pretty good now. I have one more practice day on Wednesday, then I'm on a plane to KC. Midwest 3 Gun this weekend and onto the practice range. Bruce I'm coming for you (you know, to shake your hand, not to beat you or anything, I'm not that dumb :goof: )

Come on Chuck, Set your sights high!! Because if you don't get there you know you can always do better.

If I could beat Bruce and every other person at the Cup after two weeks practice with an Open gun it wouldn't really say much for the skill level at that match and it wouldn't really be setting my sights that high would it? That said, I do want to hit 1910 with the Open gun and 1900 with the Metallic. Just gotta make sure I get all them pesky plates.

I can't remember, is it Doug's turn or Bruce's?? Or will Kevin steal the show...Maybe Michael will turn that 70 into an 80 and ruin everyone's fun?

Tune in next week for the exciting conclusion....

I'll get my initial packing tonight.

Flying out Sat AM to STL, shooting the MO State IDPA match in Wright City, MO on Sunday and then driving to Columbia Sunday afternoon.

This will be my first Bianchi Cup and I'm pretty excited about it. My goal for year 1 is to avoid embarrassing myself.

ffl - see you there!

Craig

Anyone know how the range upgrades are going? Are they complete?

From what I understand, Action Target is scheduled to start tomorrow.:surprise:

There are no plates on the range and according to Tiff Piper not all the other equipment is working either. Should be a fun week. If there was ever a year for a practice match, this would be it.

My opinion on Range Status.

Practice range, mostly ready, some work to do on levelling and gravelling Practical and target frame to be installed, all new target holders I heard. Plates OK, a couple are getting a little old and may need tidying up, new barricade boards installed. Mover OK, keep an eye on the string as a couple of pulleys are a little old and rough (corroded slightly), proper use will help, broke one string all week (yesterday) and fixed easily, new box for controllers. Old practical is OK and was mowed this morning.

Bianchi Range:

Practical all going, just need a quick check of function and gassing up I think.

Barricade, new lane installed, all other barricades have been completly refaced. Turners for lane 4 due in at any time and all new gas and electric lines have been run. Significant earth works to right hand side.

Mover and Plates completely down as of Monday and some earth works has been completed to allow better installation and use of the ranges.

Upper Mover all fine as at Sunday. No use since so no chance of us breaking it.

Large lumps of this maitenance was held up due to poor weather.

Should be good to go no problems as far as I can see.

Bianchi Equipment Truck arrived safely in Louisville, KY last night, will head to Columbia, MO this morning, withn scheduled arrival at the Host hotel late afternoon.

Action Target is scheduled to arrive in Columbia, MO with all the equipment on the 19th, with all upgrades scheduled to be completed by Monday, 23 May.

Action Target has also provided the targets mechanisms for the Bushmaster Tactical Rifle Match as well.

NRA Pistol Dept

Heading to the airport now. On my way. Midwest 3 Gun this weekend and on the practice range starting Sunday afternoon. See everyone there!! I'll be the one with Anderson written in very tiny subtle letters on the back of my shirt.

Edited by Chuck Anderson

Just got in today, I shot the Missouri ProAm Steel Plates match today (great guys) and now I'm sitting comfortably in the lovely holiday inn. I'll be hitting up the practice range tomorrow as well, so if you see a midget wearing a green Crimson Trace shirt on Sunday, it's probably me.