Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just found out something I didn't know when using PayPal. When you use the "Personal" tab to pay for something instead of the "Purchases" tab in order to avoid the PayPal fee you no longer have the right to file a claim if the transaction goes bad. Found out the hard way when a seller on the M&P forum stiffed me for $25. Went to PayPal to file a claim and found out I couldn't because I didn't purchase anything because I used the Personal tab. Buyer beware-especially on high dollar items.

Edited by The_Vigilante

• 2 weeks later...

I dislike paypal as they are very Anti-gun

+1

I have read enough bad things about PayPal that I don't use it. Never did, never will.

Pat

+1 Actually I have used it a few times, but discontinued after a few bad transactions.

Yes I found this out as well. I used Paypal to buy something and it never showed up. I realized I had "gifted" the money and had no recourse. I think it was about 60 bucks. Sucks....

I've used the personal tab... but only for transactions on the Benos forums. Maybe I'm naive but I feel like the people on this board tend to be of a higher class than the average.

I was going to say "higher caliber" but I know most people on around here limit themselves to .38 caliber. Get it. See that I did there. Slap... knee... Don't worry this is the face my wive makes whenever I tell a joke: <_<

I have used the gift feature before and never had a problem. I have done a lot of transactions and never had a problem with anyone. I have been getting a little careless, and maybe I need to tighten up

Yeah I am the same way as GuyC.. But I only do it if I have had good communication with the person and really only do it on trusted forums that have a tight reign on their users. Also I look at their post count and years on the forum. If they have thousands of posts and been on a forum for 5 years odds are they don't want to get banned for stiffing someone on that site. But in the same respect anything over say 80 bucks regardless wouldn't be gifted.

I got a notice from them saying they were transfering the $1,000 I had requested from my bank account. I didn't request it and even with a call to their customer service they were unable to stop the transaction or even tell me why it happened. My bank was able to put a block on it and of course I removed my account from their services.

I got a notice from them saying they were transfering the $1,000 I had requested from my bank account. I didn't request it and even with a call to their customer service they were unable to stop the transaction or even tell me why it happened. My bank was able to put a block on it and of course I removed my account from their services.

Wow that is crazy scary. Especially because they couldn't tell you from where the transfer was initiated.

I don't like the fact paypal is an anti gun company but use it out of necessity, I have been on one end or the other of a couple of hundred plus transactions and have done both regular and personal and have never had a problem.

(knock on wood)